Thread: No postal deliviries in JHB

Diamond Member
    Thanks

No postal deliviries in JHB

Our local post office told us today that we should not send parcels to JHB because the post office stopped deliveries due to the strike. I don't know whether they joined the strike or whether they don't want their vehcles to get damaged.

So forget about getting or sending your parcels for the foreseable future....

Thanks
    Even if there is no strike, it is risky using the post office.

I have not used them for at least the last 7-8 Years. I use Post Net. They are friendly, their staff know what they do. "Especially No Arrogance" Your client also have the option to have the parcel delivered to his home for a small extra fee. They phone the contact No: "Client" and let them know their parcel is there.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I've been using Speed Services for many years and I've never had problems. We send stuff all over the world all the time and nothing major has ever gone wrong. I am on a firstname basis with the tellers at the post office and their service is great.

Thanks
    Well done on that. It is rare to find good motivated staff these days in the post office.

A couple Months ago, I collected a package from my local branch. Firstly they looked at me as if I am vermin from another Planet, then it took them more than 20min to find the package. GREAT now I had my package. Problem!! it was open. I ask why! and they answered: It arrived like that!!

I lost my marbles a little bit, but it was like talking to a wall. I filled in the complaint form, up until now I have never heard anything about it again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This explains a lot. I'm still waiting for a package that I bought via a 3rd party seller on Kalahari.com a few weeks ago.
    "Fortune favours the bold" - Virgil
    Riaan Nel
    Freelance Software Development | LinkedIn | Skype

Thanks
    Yeup the dude in the Post Office most probably liked the stuff inside!! Contact the seller and ask him where the goods are. They should have a tracking No: Otherwise they must send you another Package. The seller must ensure you get your goods.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    This explains a lot. I'm still waiting for a package that I bought via a 3rd party seller on Kalahari.com a few weeks ago.
    I trade on Bid Or buy all the time. We always make sure that we give / get tracking numbers. I've never had a package go missing.