Thread: Putting the wind back in your sales

Thanks

Putting the wind back in your sales

When you're starting a business, no matter what business it is, you're in sales. "But I hate to sell," you groan. You're not alone. Many people are intimidated by selling--either because they're not sure how to proceed or they think they don't have the "right" personality to sell.

Well, anyone can sell--anyone, that is, who learns to connect with the customer, listen to his or her needs and offer the right solutions. In fact, as your business's founder, you're better positioned than anyone else to sell your products and services.

Read full article
    I found this very helpful, seeing as I am only starting out.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I did some sales training yesterday, so another good idea if you are just starting out is to list step by step your entire sales process.

Telesales
    Appointments made
    Visits made
    Quotations delivered
    etc etc

Take each step and record your results from day one. These will form part of your sales funnel.................
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Thanks Debbie, will do

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm. Now I know where Network 21 got their training manual, or is that the other way round? That was 10 years ago.

Nice article, though.

The deal maker for me was always taking the time to understand the customer's needs. If I didn't have the product that solved the problem, I'd send them in the right direction if I could. But if I had the solution - no selling needed from there, really.

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    The biggest deal maker of all is service...

If your client wants a quotation or information before the end of the day, get it to him within an hour...

If your client needs help, offer to come on site and help them sort it out...

If your client is struggling with something, get all the information possible to him in the shortest amount of time...

Even if your client goes with someone else, follow up with them and make sure that they are happy with what they got...

Be yourself, be your client, and most of all, be there for them in every way possible, this will bring clients back time after time...