Hi all,

I am so frustrated & fedup it's not even funny. Please let me know how to approach the follwoing scenario ( which happens a lot )

Phone rings.....

Me: Perform goodday

Client: Hi Andrew. This is so & so ( first time client ), & I have a computer problem. Could you please come out & have a look at it for me please. ( This client is a home user ).

Me: Sure. Tomorrow at 11am good for you?

Client: Yes, thx. Tell me, do I have to pay a call-out fee?

Now here's the thing.....

I goto client, identify problem & quote him on the spot. ( Let's say it's a re-install that needs to be done ). Then the client says, "ok, send me a quote & I'll most probably approve it".

Now do I charge the client a call-out fee RIGHT THERE & THEN?

Because I recently went to a new client, identified the problem, and he was 99% sure he wanted me to do the work. Now he's coming with, "I'll let you know". I haven't charged him a call-out. So big surprise I lose out.

Question....

How the heck do you politely tell the client, "If I come out there & identify the problem you still going to pay me a call-out because I'm not going to HOPE you accept my quote".

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

So mad at myself for not charging a call-out, but I was afraid the client would say, "Aaah ok never mind then".