Thread: hilti dispenser md 1000

Diamond Member
    Thanks

hilti dispenser md 1000

I purchased a hilti md 1000 dispenser, used it once and couldnt get the unit to release the silicon container. I know what i should have done taken it back to hilti with the container stuck on the dispenser, unfortunatley i had work to do and needed to reload the unit. While pulling the handle the front section broke off inside the silicon tube, i thought no problem hilti has warranties which cover all their machines and product. Well apparently not the md 1000 has no warranty for anything, you break it you replace it, even if its 2 days old.

I know it is only R453. 15 and yes i know i am being srewed by hilti because i only have 3 employees and not 50 so my discount is only 5 % and not XX % like other companies which employ more people than i do, whether they buy more or not makes not difference, the discount structure works on how many employees you have it your bussiness. This has become a principle issue with me. The bummer is that all my machines are getting to a stage now wher eit is time to start looking into replacement, so where do i find another product with a decent backup service, any suggestions? Maybe makita, i spoke to a plumber the other day and he swears by his makita machines , he assures me that his makita get punished daily anf they just keep going .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't think there's anything that stacks up against Hilti drills and angle grinders (and I've been through quite a few different makes over the years).

When it comes to silicone dispensers, we go cheap and nasty though. And frankly they seem to hold up pretty well...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I went to Hilti today and resolved this issue, i took a brand new dispenser and fitted a Den Braven tube into the dispenser, it got stuck that they could not remove it, so i was credited for the damaged unit, thanks to the area manager.

Just word of warning "DO NOT USE DEN BRAVEN SILICON PRODUCTS IN A HILTI DISPENSER" the hilti dispenser is strong enough to force the plunger through the tube, but once empty you will have to cut the tube off the dispenser.

Dave, i agree with you 100%, i have been buying hilti product for many years, at one stage we were given free drilling machines because we were buying so many fasteners and bits.

This is only the second time i have had a problem with a hilti product, however in saying that it was not the hilti product in the dispenser, so to be fair to hilti, i had to force the tube off the dispenser causing the plunger to break off. The other product is a foam dispenser. The old unit got clogged up and even using the cleaner they still clog, i havent tried the newer version yet.

When it comes to dustless chasing, drilling and breaking masonary and concrete, laser measuring etc, it is hard to find a superior product and i talk from years of experience in the construction industry. My favorite hilti machine is still the TE 7 A with the dust extractor.

I had to drill about 30 x 28 mm holes through a concrete floor a couple of months ago, i considered replacing my TE 55 with the new TE 60, but when the rep gave me the new TE60 to test run, with both machines running at the same time the Te 60 make no mistake a brilliant machine with some new features, could only drill a 250 mm hole through the concrete floor 6 seconds faster than the TE 55. I decided to keep the TE 55 in service.

Hilti also has an awesome life time service warranty in place and a fleet management program in place for those bigger companies which have employees who have no respect for company tools and machinery.

I am just happy we resolved this issue, because i have numerous machines which are still under warranty and personally i would rather send my machines to the hilti workshop for services and there are few new toys i want to invest in, like the SCM 22 - A cordless circular saw, for cutting P2000 and the like, what a pleasure, played with it today.

The 22 volt cordless drill is a monster powerful machine, i have the 14,4 volt cordless drilling machine but when it comes to drilling through wooden beams and stuff with a 25-40 mm wood bit the 22 volt drilling machine is the way to go.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I don't think there's anything that stacks up against Hilti drills and angle grinders (and I've been through quite a few different makes over the years).

When it comes to silicone dispensers, we go cheap and nasty though. And frankly they seem to hold up pretty well...
    The handles on the cheap dispensers collapse under pressure, there is a better quality one which is made in England it is also orange like the cheap ones but last a lot longer, cost around R90.

All my test equipment multimeters, power quality analysers, thermal imagers are all fluke and all my drilling, dustless chasing, breakers are hilti, unfortunatley i had to use makita to setup my wood work section in my morkshop because i didnt have enough money to buy festool, however, as the wood work section starts turning over a profit i will be phasing out the makita equipment and replacing with festool...my point, i cant afford to buy cheap, i buy the stuff once it lasts for years.

Some people are going to say, but, the staff trashes equipment so they buy cheap and save, well hilti has just the solution for you, look into the fleet management option, it cost nothing to replace broken and damaged machines.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (05-Oct-12)