Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-mail response time

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by league_of_ordinary_men View Post
    HahahahahaI like a firm stroke myself hahaha.
    Haha, looks like things are getting of topic. . I also like a firm stroke () normally I flex my mussels also so that the other person can know I mean business.

Thanks
    I believe different cultures affect how people shake hands.

I am told to Indians shaking hands with a firm grip is a challenge, so a "soft touch" shows you respect them.

Similar to in the Black culture a man will walk into a room ahead of a woman - the idea being that he wants to ensure that she is safe, and there is no danger ahead. We Whiteys stand back for the lady...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsa View Post
    I get grilled for that on a regular basis. I only answer mails within 24-48h. Then I only answer the really important ones first. If time do not permit, then I leave it for the next morning.

I look at it this way, if you really want to get hold of me then you can Phone me. I also do not reply to SMS. Same thing, if you truly want to get in contact, then you can phone.
    Picking up the phone is one of the principles of Richard Branson. Calling direct is always better than an impersonal SMS.

Back to email. Most people send their email and expect a answer within a few Hours. Geez now you have made an effort and gave the answer, these people then sit for weeks on end on that answer and do not came back to you.
    Sometimes one has to rely on email for trade enquiries or as an alternative to calling a call centre and waiting for hours. I have recently had poor service or problems with the following institutions who did not respond to my mail;

1. Kulula. They invite you to comment on service issues, but then do not acknowledge your mail or follow up mail. They are notorious for late departures.

2. Woolworths. You get an automated reply, but never a follow up call within 24 hours as promised. Their loyalty programme does not deliver what it is promising.

3. Discovery Vitality. Promised follow up call to resolve a query never materialised.

So what do we have to do to get some action? Stop doing business with them?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Silver Member league_of_ordinary_men's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi bjsteyn and Phil cooper,bj if you flex you muscle to show you mean business then what does it mean if your arm is limp?hahahaha.Phil that's interesting but we let the lady's go to warn as of any dangerhahahaha

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Sometimes one has to rely on email for trade enquiries or as an alternative to calling a call centre and waiting for hours. I have recently had poor service or problems with the following institutions who did not respond to my mail;

1. Kulula. They invite you to comment on service issues, but then do not acknowledge your mail or follow up mail. They are notorious for late departures.

2. Woolworths. You get an automated reply, but never a follow up call within 24 hours as promised. Their loyalty programme does not deliver what it is promising.

3. Discovery Vitality. Promised follow up call to resolve a query never materialised.

So what do we have to do to get some action? Stop doing business with them?
    That what I am talking about,some times you need to rely on e-mail and then your better of writing a letter an burning it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Discovery has just phoned, but apology still pending.

I do not expect a response from KULULA or Woolworths.

Thanks
    Blurock we can only hope,but the thing is why don't they make a point of it to sharpen up there E-mail/response time thy are big companies this should be important.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Talking about Kulula, I sent this one to their feedback email address near the beginning of last month:

Dear sir,

I and a number of other passengers of flight MN641 to Durban are currently holed up in the Bidvest lounge analysing your website while sitting waiting for an aeroplane to take us home. We are all agreed that it would be most helpful if you added an online flight update information service on your website kulula.com or virtuallythere.com/kulula

In the meantime we rely on ACSA for updates, and their message of “indefinitely delayed” is not particularly encouraging.

I expect it’s too late for you to implement this tonight, so it’s just a thought for the future. However a plane to take us home tonight remains expected
    Hopefully we won’t miss it when it comes due to a lack of updates.

My best regards,
    Dave and a collection of increasingly rowdy potential passengers.
    I thought it was pretty reasonable given we were already 3 hours after the original planned boarding time.

No response from Kulula to this day.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Although I get a 35% discount on Kulula (via Discovery), I am seriously considering another carrier for my next flight. Their service, which was once friendly and quirky has gone backwards so fast that I now rate them on par with Zimbabwe air.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12