Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18 Tips for Success from Richard Branson

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I think my problem is, i really enjoy making stuff, its the marketing and selling the products that takes the fun out of it.
    Horses for courses. It is better to concentrate on what you are good at. It is easy to get someone to sell it for you. Just see that you do not get nailed in the process.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I think my problem is, i really enjoy making stuff, its the marketing and selling the products that takes the fun out of it. I have been lucky with the projects i am busy with because i sell them before i finish them, which sucks because i never get to finish them 100 % the way i want it to be.
    Sounds familiar.....damn, you must be living my life....

Some of my customers are willing to wait for 100% even if it takes a year, others jump up and down and make so much noise that I reach a point where I ship something that is "good enough"

Ian, I think the trick is to hire people to do things for you. I try to do all the R&D and product development and have other people do the manufacturing and marketing. That way you do what you are good at and you don't get bored with the drudgery of repetitive manufacturing. You could start by hiring one guy to do the mundane work and then go from there. one should concentrate on developing a production system for each product and making sure that that system can be followed easily. I also find that when I develop such a system the iterative development of the system leads to improvement of the product.

Thanks
    Love seeing Richard Branson on here. Did you guys know that he is the most social CEO? That makes what he says even more essential because it works. Here are some takes on Richard's tips.

2. You have, have to be visible. If your audience is on Tumblr, get on it so you can reach those customers. You have to go where they are and reach them on their level. Branson mastered this with his social media abilities.

12. That's true, but personal development is personal development. You need to use it to your advantage and take control of what you can. I think are one way, and so is reading a lot of books. Branson also has a book as well. You may not need them to be a CEO, but you need people to be able to find their stride and use it in your company.

16. Change is so essential. Without change, your company won't grow.

That's what I got from it, what about everyone else?
    Last edited by Dave A; 08-May-14 at 09:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12