Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Truckers strike

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I now hear on the radio that they set another truck alight on Borchards Quarry Road....

Thanks
    COSATU unions have been violent for years destroying property. Not even the ConCourt judgement holding them liable seems to phase them. Lets see if the government has the balls to sue them for these damages.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    COSATU unions have been violent for years destroying property. Not even the ConCourt judgement holding them liable seems to phase them. Lets see if the government has the balls to sue them for these damages.
    Pals get off the hook...
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    a truck was attacked today in kings avenue and cooldrinks and stuff stolen off the truck. strikers rob street venders of goods.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    a truck was attacked today in kings avenue and cooldrinks and stuff stolen off the truck. strikers rob street venders of goods.
    As the collapse intensifies the looting and marauding, I mean liberating and freeing capitalist goods for populist consumption will mean a more equitable distribution of wealth. When everyone is poor everyone is equal.

Best cities to live during times like this is slow inter-mediation ergo very autarchic(the wiki definition is not that great it, I am using it as self-sufficiency)(autarchy) cities will do better. By autarchic I mean those cities near food production and value added aspects. Ergo cities where there is lots of food production and small machinery chops in the near vicity with close communal togetherness and low transportation necessary for it to function. Basically agrarian/value add centers.

The biggest problem I see is if water infrastructure gives way in a very densely populated part of country gives way and nobody cares to fix it. Then you will get complete clusterf##k since the entire mountain of population will transform into roving nomads seeking basic necessities. Never quiet got this far in Russia because water infrastructure is fairly widespread(bad or not it works), but in countries like Egypt if a neighborhood water gets shut off you get the point.

I could totally see infrastructure failure be the next wave. Ergo think Eskom cuts capacity to certain portions of geography and it accidentally cuts off power to water utilities that have catastrophic failure due to lack of maintenance in their backup generators and then due to that you get complete breakage down the chain. For example the water treatment backflow stops working and contaminates the entire water supply up and down the chain for a few weeks.

(AM I just the most positive person ever or what)

Thanks
    Now is the time to deploy the military becuase we as ordinary citizens are under siege!!!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Last i heard the youth league were encouraging its memebers to join the military, and i suspect they have done so because they also also strike, not like the old days when you would have been beaten and thrown into jail to rot for the rest of your life or until a new goverment came into power and let everyone out.

I am sure malema would engourage them to bring in the troops.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    Now is the time to deploy the military becuase we as ordinary citizens are under siege!!!
    What Military? You really want to see chaos, then deploy the current people that wear Military uniforms. They can not even control them within their bases.

Thanks
    I heard a little Birdie tweeting, that NUMSA is looking to jump on the minimum wage chaos wagon too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

An insatiable thirst?

Some miners at Kumba have gone on a wildcat strike now. What struck me most was this:

Kumba was regarded as immune to the strike contagion because rank and file employees there in December who had worked for at least five years were given a lump sum of about R345 000 each after taxes as part of a share scheme.

This represented a fortune to workers earning as little as R7 000 a month. But it was not immediately clear if any of the 300 reported strikers were among the 6 200 who had benefited from the plan.

“We thought the share plan meant this would not happen there,” said Gideon du Plessis, the deputy secretary general of trade union Solidarity which represents skilled workers.

Solidarity is not taking part in the strike.
    from fin24 here
    There's something seriously wrong with this picture right now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast