Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-Tolling ban lifted

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

E-Tolling ban lifted

Concourt rules that interdict can't stand.
    Court failed to consider separation of powers

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/indust...9#.UFr3O2ZhPLY
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I dont know what all the fuss is all about, big deal it gona cost the vaalies another R500 to travel to work and back, rather that than we all get nailed with petrol price increases. People say if you want to "make" money move to JHB, if you want a relaxed lifestyle live in Durbs by the sea. When the vaalies come to Durbs they sure as hell dont look like they are short of cash. the mines are good example, couple million lost in revenue, no big deal, it just means that the shareholders wont be buying an island this year, they will have to settle with a R10 million property on one of the Cape beaches unfortunately. Shame.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well privatising public roads and billions go missing every now and then yea... No problem there, will taxi contribute in saving our roads... No... See with this bull$h!t system they get to use the roads for free as public transport. So not only are we paying double because we do actually pay for our roads via licence registrations we start to see a little “why?” do we have to pay MORE because last time I saw files on TV that was blacked out almost completely...

So what is the big deal? Exactly that... We do not know where the money will go...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Well privatising public roads and billions go missing every now and then yea... No problem there, will taxi contribute in saving our roads... No... See with this bull$h!t system they get to use the roads for free as public transport. So not only are we paying double because we do actually pay for our roads via licence registrations we start to see a little “why?” do we have to pay MORE because last time I saw files on TV that was blacked out almost completely...

So what is the big deal? Exactly that... We do not know where the money will go...
    Do you know where your tax money is going, the lotto money, etc, etc. Do you really think you are not going to end up sponsoring this whole fiasco in some form or another, be it fuel increases levies or whatever. I would rather the people in JHB pay for it than we all get lumped with the cost, we are not going to benifit from the new roads.

Thanks
    You think other areas will not be affected?

The suppliers will pay the tolls, and built it into their costs, which will be passed on to retailers, which will be passed on to consumers.

So, you pay via petrol or retailer - all the same!

6. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (21-Sep-12)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Agreed Phil. We are paying 50% fuel levies so think about this: fill up your car 60 liters of petrol at R12, that means that when you fill up you give our government R360, I fill up 6 times per month on average, now put that into perspective of how many billion does government collect from fuel every month and now we must pay for roads because few people pocketed large sums of money to make this happen and we have to pay for it? And all they do is keep increasing the government spending therefore looking for ways to collect more money in taxes and etc
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The bottom line is no matter how much we argue about this, we get screwed anyway you look at it.

I thought i would rev the JHB fellas just the same.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Do you know where your tax money is going, the lotto money, etc, etc. Do you really think you are not going to end up sponsoring this whole fiasco in some form or another, be it fuel increases levies or whatever. I would rather the people in JHB pay for it than we all get lumped with the cost, we are not going to benifit from the new roads.
    ians... ignorance is bliss... enjoy your weekend.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Got lots planned for the weekend, fishing, craft markets and garden show, and some workshop time, got a new project to start.

Thanks
    I think that all we seen from the Bill phase of etolling to the latest developments is a facade. A sharade meant to dupe the SA people into thinking that protracted debate took place, consultations were sufficient, the toll price per km is reasonable, and that South Africans want etolling!
    Here the State should have seen its subjects dissatisfaction and just scrapped the whole idea.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.