Hi all,

I need some clarification on an issue. I financed a vehicle, moved to another city, registered the vehicle under new region, found out vehicle had a different engine than what I purchased and was charged registration for. Battle with bank ensues ( not their issue it turns out). Dealer said take me to court, didn’t have the monies, sold car and now have the balance left to settle with Stannic. 8 Months later I am still awaiting the new paperwork/contract, nothing has transpired from Stannic.

In between all of this I became unemployed and have been unemployed for over a 1.5 years. I will be starting a new position, much lower income than previous earnings. Having done a budget on my new salary, I am left with R1000 - R1200 maybe to pay all my creditors.

Now insolvency is not an option as I have no assets, liquidation is not an option as I have no assets. If I had the money I would settle the creditors. Debt calls keep coming, I pay what I can when I can, but borrowing from crazy to pay stupid is well just plain idiotic.

I am at the point that paying any more on my debt will not allow me to even put fuel in the car to get to the job that will allow me to pay the debts( sucks I let this happen).

Legally if anyone has a an idea or recommendation, all input is welcome, no matter how bizarre.

Apparently there is also a debt from 2004, yet I was out of the country, I have asked for the paperwork of this debt from the collector, who is not really assisting. Although I must send them proof of address in the UK and my ID and affidavit. The ID number is mine, yet i never registered this business or ever have owned a business in South Africa. I am loath to do this until they have shown me or can prove it was my details r is my details on file? Am I creating more issue here r should I just comply to their wants?

Thanks all