Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what will you do if Malema becomes president of South Africa?

Thanks

So what will you do if Malema becomes president of South Africa?

Over the years I've watched Malema grow in stature. The first time I heard his voice on the news saying "we are going to take up arms and kill for Zuma" I got scared. He scares me today even. He has established himself as champion of the poor. Poor people that are hopeless find hope in Malema, while everyone else find him repulsive. I believe Malema has delusions of grandeur, he thinks he is more important than all South Africans except for Nelson Mandela. Judging from the way he treats people with no remorse tells me that he is answerable to no one. He has great oratory skills, he is also ruthless. He uses people's anger, emotions and frustrations for his own selfish needs.

One can actually compare Malema to Hitler or the late Zimbabwean Hunzvi. Malema, like Hitler, has the ability to take control of this country because he will offer people false hope, get elected to office by shouting a slogan again and again until it is imprinted into his follower's brains. He has done that already with his "nationalization of mines" and "economic freedom in our lifetime" chants until it is imprinted into his follower's brains. There are a lot of poor people in this country. Most people that are educated live in suburban areas and don't participate in politics, while poor uneducated people participate in politics and fight for leadership positions so that they can gain access to government resources for material gain. Malema will easily be elected by those people because those people don't care about the country, they just want fancy cars and huge mansions.

I believe that Malema will be president of this country, when that happens things will be bad for all of us. Foreign investors will pull out their money and this will result in the Rand plummeting against major currencies. Most educated people will emigrate to other countries which will leave companies that require skilled labour unproductive and therefore they will close shop. State money will be looted by his cronies. Tax revenue will plummet which will result in today's social grant beneficiaries not receiving their money anymore, and therefore putting them further into poverty and death.

My question is, what will you do to protect yourself from being a victim of the coming tsunami that is Malema? Will you emigrate? Will you stay in South Africa and fight the new dictator? Will you play the stock market and profit from falling stock prices when Malema assumes power?

Thanks
    Malema will not make it to there Dude. The gravy train passengers will make sure of that!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I believe there are still a lot of people with common sense in South Africa. It all depends on how the government will deal with the masses who are now demanding their share. We have an unhealthy alliance between 3 political stakeholders with different agendas. The reality is that soon there will be no state coffers to plunder any more. Once you can not buy the allegiance and support you need to stay in power, the $#!t will hit the fan.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    I also hope and think he does not make it - he has to become leader of the ANC first to follow on to become President and I dont think that will happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Some stuff just doesn't bear thinking about.

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (13-Sep-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Don’t worry about it if he takes over we will not live long enough to see the outcome....
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    I'm convinced he will be president one day, the question is when? The ANC elects its leaders at an elective conference. An elective conference is made up of ANC delegates from all over South Africa. Those delegates come from branches, the majority of the branches of which are from rural areas. A majority of the branches are made up of poor people, most of those poor people want financial wealth and they will get it by being elected in a leadership position and then using state organs to gain financially. Most people that are educated don't participate in politics, they are not members of ANC branches. So the problem is that those same people who are articulate and are sober minded will not be at an ANC elective conference in the first place. The people that will be there will be mostly uneducated people who just want access to financial and material wealth by hook or by crook.

We have in this country something called mass psychology. Prior to Zuma's rise to power, all Zuma had to do was to sing "mshin' wami", which excited his supporters and made them more determined to have him elected as president. The same with Malema when elected unopposed as president of the ANCYL, all he had to do was to shout "economic freedom in our lifetime". The ANCYL delegates that attended Malema's re-election were mostly young, desperate, unemployed, semi-educated people. Educated ANCYL members from ANCYL branches that opposed Malema were disbanded. That's why Malema won, he won because he got rid of the opposition, mostly unconstitutionally. Now if Malema has the ability to energize people. If he is brought back to the ANC, he will rise up the political ladder and be a contender as leader of the ANC. Once he's a contender then he will win since he has very good oratory skills and is not afraid to promise heaven and earth.

Malema knows that problems facing this country are huge, he knows that people are getting frustrated and are tired of waiting for RDP houses, jobs, water, etc. He will use people's emotions to further his personal ambition to be president. We saw this in Marikana when he used people's anger, hurt to insult Zuma. He hijacked the Marikana memorial, turned it from a place of God and moaning to a place of political arena. He is the type of person that will do almost anything to win. If it means using poor and vulnerable people then he will do it.

I think you guys must read up more on Hitler and how he got to power. Hitler was not popular in Germany. He was militant, and his followers were violent. Those violent supporters of his made sure that everyone else toed the line. It's like in Marikana, there are only about 5000 striking, but those 5000 miners intimidate 20000 other miners into striking with them. So even if Malema only has 10% of supporters in the whole ANC, that tiny 10% can intimidate and make the other 90% scared and so they will toe the line. You don't need a majority with a person like Malema to win, just a few individuals who are willing to kill.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is Julius going to wait out his suspension from the ANC though?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Is Julius going to wait out his suspension from the ANC though?
    Actually you can feel the tension in the air lately. I think it is [game over] it is just a matter of time before we will see a new military stile leadership. It is common in Africa so why would South Africa be any different?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    In South Africa, we operate on a system of representative democracy, this means, that when you vote, you don't vote for an individual, you vote for a political party. That political party will then choose the leader. This is why the NEC of the ANC could have 'recalled,' Mbeki,' the way they did. So the question is will the executive of the ANC ever choose Malema to be their leader? I think not, He has a very bleak political future!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.