Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So what will you do if Malema becomes president of South Africa?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I agree with Vanash - the ANC will not take Malema back. BUT, he could start his own party which would get fair support from the youth - maybe 5%-10%. What I could see him doing though is start a new Union. Do the math, couple of hundred thousand members at R50 p/m - there is good money to be made plus he would have a supporter base.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap_sak View Post
    What I could see him doing though is start a new Union.
    Interesting thought. I was thinking more down the lines of him getting impatient and starting his own political party - but that could well be a smarter move (given the political nature of most trade unions in SA).

Despite suggestions to the contrary, I can't see the ANC taking him back before his suspension is up - certainly not while it might be perceived that Juju has forced their hand. It would be tantamount to conceding that Julius is more powerful than the party. And there is no chance that if they brought him back in that they'd be able to reign him in.

The interesting consequence if Juju did start his own political party is I'd think the ANC might be stretched to get a simple majority in parliament. Still feeling that one over for catches.

It's still a big IF though - so far Juju has given no sign that he is eyeing out anything other than the ANC as the bus he wants to get on board.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It's still a big IF though - so far Juju has given no sign that he is eyeing out anything other than the ANC as the bus he wants to get on board.
    Fair point! I can say though, Malema, would have never made it on Karl Marx's bus, he would have been thrown out! You can't play revolutionary in a Constitutional Democracy. Karl Marx would have immediately labeled him as the ‘greedy capitalist,’ with a mansion in Sandton, Besides Karl Marx was highly educated, he earned a doctorate and numerous other qualifications. Malema is a current novelty, but he’ll disappear from the pages of history. He has done nothing constructive for South Africa but bring us into disrepute. I’ve being listening to radio 702 lately, this sickening rhetoric of the Blacks this, the Whites that is rearing its ugly head again. They need to single out individuals regardless of their race and deal with them in a manner that’s respectful of the law.
    One must never lose sight of the fact that the State is also an employer! Do a survey, most State employees are unhappy, if mines are nationalized, and they’ll probably reduce the miner’s salary even more, add corruption, nepotism and maladministration to that recipe and you’ve got yourself a mine that has to close down disgracefully. The Ruling party has demonstrated by their various conduct, that they are certainly not good custodians of our resources!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Keeping the country divided close to an election is exactly what "they" need to stay in-power. That is kind of obvious...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    We are all underestimating JM. He is diabolical, and take note diabolical people are extremely intelligent. Because of the our dislike to him, we tend to dismiss him as a puppet.

Take his trial recently. Advocates with years of learning, and experience in a court room, could not break him down, and lets be frank here, he does not have much education. This in itself shows that he has something, and he has the ability to be able to get the most political points out of the most worst situation.

A point we have not considered, what happens if he forms his own political party, not aligned to the ANC, how many votes would he get?
    He does not have to have any structures as per the ANC, and will be his own boss,then what further political support will he get?

A frighting thought, as he could get a huge chunk of ANC supporters, and may be get a majority vote.

If you read Hitler's history, you will note that he was first elected into government with majority votes in Germany, but he still did not have outright control. There then was a fie in the Chancellery, which he pounced on and used as a political tool to get outright control. The indications were that Hitler's henchmen actually set the fire to create the situation. So do not be fooled that he does not have all the votes. Situations can be created to achieve this.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Think an important question is Who is JM working for?
    When the ANC was fighting for freedom The Govt of the day started a war in Mozambique so that country could not help ANC. I think JM is in a similar business and is in the employ of Zanu Pf of Zimbabwe. The more harm he causes for JZ the less JZ can force Zim to change its constitution.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    The more harm he causes for JZ the less JZ can force Zim to change its constitution.
    If Malema is so concerned about the workers, then he should form a union, with the way things are going, the biggest unions won't give him a chance and he won't stand a chance! Nazi Germany was wholly different. The league of nations was a toothless tiger, though the UN is not much better , at least they dealing with dictators, albeit at a snails pace. Malema won't make it big time in politics, he doesn't know how to debate the issues, the land reform issue was bona fide debate on live tv, when he was made the offer , all he could say was , the tea girl this, the tea girl that, the madam this, the madam that. This is not about Black and White, all human beings suffer. Yes, we need to redress past unfairness, but, you can't punish all the Whites for what the Apartheid regime done. This is not fair!
    In a 1979 interview Bob Marley said the following:-
    What do you think about politicians? Do you see dabbling in politics a good idea for someone in your position?
    Well, you so, dabbling in politics, well, I don’t know what that is! You see, I’m a fighter for my rights, see, and I don’t care who the guy is, cause my rights is my rights, like my life, all I have is my life! That mean if I can say, I don’t want that or I want this! When I check it out, the biggest man was a baby one time, so I don’t know where they get all these big ideas, we want to be rulers over people, you can’t dig it, you can’t take it, we revolutionaries, we don’t have no help, I don’t take no bribe! Rasta don’t work for no CIA. Born fatherless, them call me half cast, well, I don’t live on the black man’s side, I don’t live on the White man’s side I live on God’s side who cause me to come from Black and White.”

“Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Now here's a familiar trick from revolutions past, claiming the leadership space in the middle of chaos.

The nearly month-old "revolution", spearheaded by Malema, who is operating in what many believe is a political leadership vacuum, has been linked to upheavals at mines in North West and on the West Rand. It includes the operational stalemate at Lonmin's Marikana mine following last month's massacre of 34 striking workers, the shutting down of Anglo Platinum operations at its Thembelani mine in Rustenburg, the wildcat strike at Goldfields in Carletonville and the threat by mineworkers around Rustenburg to shut down the mines next week. Malema also found time to address disgruntled soldiers south of Johannesburg on Wednesday.

"There was a political vacuum and we occupied that space. If we failed to do that the wrong elements would have taken that space," Malema told the Mail & Guardian. "We took it while the leadership was indoors speaking to themselves."

Two youth league members said Malema was furthering a youth league project and that the league was fully behind him, although it could not support him financially because of its limited funds.

A youth league national working committee member said Malema had accelerated a youth league project because of his anger. "We were supposed to put systems in place first, but Julius went ahead after he was expelled from the ANC. We did not want it to happen the way it has. We wanted NUM [National Union of Mineworkers] to be partners in the mining revolution but developments have left the NUM behind.
    from M&G story here
    Not opportunism then but all part of the plan.

Yeah right

Dangerous nonetheless though. This has become a very high stakes game.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I don't think he would live long enough to see out a 1st term and if he does I think I'd be very tempted to shoot the bastard "Little Bob" myself.
    I think he has as much chance of becoming Presdent as the sun has of shining today, and it's been peeing down for the past 3 hours.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Now here's a familiar trick from revolutions past, claiming the leadership space in the middle of chaos.

Not opportunism then but all part of the plan.

Yeah right

Dangerous nonetheless though. This has become a very high stakes game.
    Yes, it does appear to be part of a two pronged plan.
    1. to get rid of Jacob Zuma
    2. to gain control of the mines

So who is MalEnema working for? Who sits behind all of this, because I do not think he has the IQ to plan it all on his own.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.