Thread: How things have changed in 4 years

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries

How things have changed in 4 years

Four years ago it was "kill for Zuma" and to hell with the courts.

Today we have:

The soldiers gathered to hear Malema address their worries over being placed on special leave following a violent strike – despite court action in their favour.

"You have been winning court cases but the government is not prepared to listen to the courts," said Malema, who was flanked by his spokesperson Floyd Shivambu and suspended youth league secretary general Sindiso Magaqa.

Malema told soldiers that South Africa was a "banana republic" that does not follow the rule of law.

"No one is above the law, not the military, not the presidency and not Parliament. Every court decision must be respected," Malema told over 100 soldiers in civilian dress at the Lenasia Recreation Centre, south of Johannesburg.

"We must respect the courts but the leadership of this banana republic disrespects the courts."
    full story from M&G here
    There's more.

"We will never engage in any mutiny," he shouted to an enthusiastic audience. "Yes, we admit we don't like the current leadership but we will use democratic methods to unseat them."
    Four years ago I started a thread with these words

Whatever Julius Malema represents, it certainly is not democracy or the due process of law.
    From Eliminate all resistance to Malema guns for Zuma in just four years.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is just a beginning... scarry stuff
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Do you hear the rumble of the drums...?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    This guy is busy setting himself up for 6 Feet under. He is busy stepping on too many toes

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I sure hope somebody cuts his Merc's brake lines....If he was in Zim or China he would have vanished long ago...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Could it be because he is not a political figue, hence they havent gunned him down, yet. Maybe this is why he is building as bomb shelter under his house.

He is doing the right thing, targeting, the youth and unhappy south africans, didnt the ANC do the same thing during the aprtheid era, look where they are now. Who is the majority, thats the question you need to be asking, the people who are happy with the goverment or the unhappy, unemployed people of this country.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @ians. Actually he is a political figure, that is why he is trying to prove to the ANC that he has the support of the youth and the poor and that they can not ignore him. He is playing his cards to eventually be elected into office. Hitler started in exactly the same way.

The majority of the populace are poor and unhappy, but they still vote for the ANC. Why? Because they do not understand democracy. They are are illiterate and superstitious and conveniently kept that way by the ANC. They are being indoctrinated and fed with propaganda.

We still have a tribal system where the chief decides where you are allowed to stay. How can you still have tribal chiefs and a Zulu king (fed and clothed by the tax payers) and declare yourself a Republic?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    A Patriot is a person who loves their country and is willing to defend it against an enemy.[1]
    I cannot accept that Julius Malema is a Patriot. No Patriot will approach the military of their country directly or indirectly; regardless of whether such soldiers are on duty and off duty.
    In my layman’s opinion I see this as the common law crime of Sedition. According to Snyman(2010 page 316), Sedition consists in unlawfully and intentionally a) taking part in a concourse of people violently or by threats of violence, defying or resisting the authority of the state of the Republic of South Africa; or causing such a discourse.[2]
    I am a patriot, I love South Africa , would never leave this country, I love all South Africans regardless of their race, religion, political opinion, disability etc. I owe allegiance to our South African flag in its current form! I owe no allegiance to India and actually couldn’t care the less about what happens or doesn’t happen in India. I’m far more concerned about the horrific lives my brothers and sisters endure right here in the informal settlement in Lenasia.
    It is beyond me why the authorities are so lenient with Julius Malema, they should charge him either with incitement to violence and /or sedition as he has either promoted the use of “ Make the country and/or the mine ungovernable,” or condoned its use by his new followers.

[1] Oxford Advanced learner’s Dictionary. Eight Addition. Oxford University Press. 2010. Page 1076

[2]Vide Criminal Law. Cr Snyman. Lexis Nexus Butterworths. 2007. Page 316.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

9. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (14-Sep-12)