Most of us are here to promote our businesses, some are here for the interesting conversations. But being a business forum, I am hoping people would join this thread and throw business ideas they might have but have no interest investing in, or time to open the door of opportunity, so lets put some ideas out there for those wanting to invest and lacking ideas.

1. Water Purification
A future problem in South Africa, water chemicals are expensive and with bad service delivery water quality will get worse and worse. You can get a water franchise business with sosafe.com. The brilliance of this idea is that it kind of follows the software model. You sell clients the purification machine like say Reverse Osmosis, dont try and make a large profit on the machine, you make money from replacement cartridges.

2. Water Storage Tanks
With lack of water it is important that people collect rain water for use in the Garden etc. But perhaps in stead of making plastic ones for sale set up a business making them out of bricks, I have even seen some in Malaysia made out of wire mess and clay.

3. Solar Panels
Provide some form of solar power for homes.

4. Invertors
One can use solar to charge battery and an invertor to power up house, a good future business to invest in.

5. Rasberry Pi
Seems there is a demand for these Mobo's, installed with a good linux OS one I am sure can find a market for the many wishing to join the computer revolution

6. Dried Foods

8. With the price of petrol increasing, people will need some from of Petrol storage at home, so that they can buy and keep before a price rise.

9. Security- Not every one can afford good security, but one could make fake cameras, fake electric wiring, just to give the illusion of security. Sounds stupid I guess but a plane flying at 3000 feet with a seat belt is an illusion of safety.

What ideas do you have for business in this enviroment. What can be imported that is needed, what should be manufactured and not imported.