Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Business Ideas 101

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's a pity that meaningful debate almost always turns into a childish mudslinging and name calling. SoS. Grow up guys!
    The Forum is for open discussion and exchange of ideas. Not everyone has to agree with your views.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    lol ...................
    ....hey HR, leave the poor guy be. He already set a new record by making his name tottie in his first 10 posts!

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    A large number of small businesses were started because the owner had to keep the wolf from the door after losing his/her job.
    The result is that a small % are very successful, some more make a living, some are slaves to their business and loose money and interest slowly, others pack it in when they get another job.
    For every one that falls off one end there are a number that climb aboard the other.
    very true.. You should always follow your passion and talents and start a business that you see yourself doing when money is not coming in fast enough. Now before you get me wrong I am not saying you should stick to something that is not working, but if others are making money out of it, and you are fulfilled doing it then most certainly keep going. All businesses have their up's and down's and it's not always smooth sailing. At times it just a case of getting people with complimentary skills that you are short in to help you.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    It's a pity that meaningful debate almost always turns into a childish mudslinging and name calling. SoS. Grow up guys!
    The Forum is for open discussion and exchange of ideas. Not everyone has to agree with your views.
    I agree,

Please accept my apology Blurock & HR Solutions....I did not mean to come across as arrogant or sarcastic....I hope we can have more meaningful discussions on this forum in the future.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (10-Sep-15)

Suspended
    Thanks
    adrianh can you still tye your laces ?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.D View Post
    Are you 12 years old?

Get lost and stop sending me private snotty remarks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.D View Post
    Now that is raking over some long dead coals for no apparent reason

To what does this site owe the dubious honour?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Let's revive business Ideas.I am sure there are some pretty innovative guys out there and would like to hear from them.

Plastic pollution has been prevalent in the news lately with everything from townships to oceans being polluted by tons of plastic.
    I have recently seen an article of guys making bricks from recycled plastic. Also seen park benches and garden tools etc.
    In the Eastern Cape and in KZN the first plastic roads are being built. Strips of 1 - 5 km of road will be tested with a new mixture of bitumen and recycled plastic.
    So instead of polluting our rivers and dams, we can now spread it on the road!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Let's revive business Ideas.I am sure there are some pretty innovative guys out there and would like to hear from them.

Plastic pollution has been prevalent in the news lately with everything from townships to oceans being polluted by tons of plastic.
    I have recently seen an article of guys making bricks from recycled plastic. Also seen park benches and garden tools etc.
    In the Eastern Cape and in KZN the first plastic roads are being built. Strips of 1 - 5 km of road will be tested with a new mixture of bitumen and recycled plastic.
    So instead of polluting our rivers and dams, we can now spread it on the road!
    Recycling plastic is REALLY REALLY difficult. The biggest problem is that not all plastics are the same. Plastics have to be separated before processing. Separating plastic is very difficult because it cannot be done mechanically - it is mostly done by hand. Now the problem gets even bigger because hygiene is crucial when working by hand. We all know that our plastic and other waste is contaminated and one runs the risk of coming into contact with medical waste. Unless waste is properly cleaned and separated at source it is nearly impossible to do (let alone do cost effectively)

I am not knocking the idea of recycling per se, I just think that it it made out to be a panacea which it isn't. The best way to "save the environment" is to limit the over use of hazardous materials at source. Look at how much waste got sent back to the US, Canada and other 1st world countries after being dumped on small countries. The 1st world is totally incapable of recycling its own waste -I watched a documentary where they show that all the carefully separated recycling simply gets dumped into landfills because it is simply too costly and difficult to process.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Recycling plastic is REALLY REALLY difficult. The biggest problem is that not all plastics are the same. Plastics have to be separated before processing. Separating plastic is very difficult because it cannot be done mechanically - it is mostly done by hand. Now the problem gets even bigger because hygiene is crucial when working by hand. We all know that our plastic and other waste is contaminated and one runs the risk of coming into contact with medical waste. Unless waste is properly cleaned and separated at source it is nearly impossible to do (let alone do cost effectively)
    Agreed, recycling is very costly and cumbersome, but there are actually some guys who have found a solution to recycling plastics. Do they perhaps have a source of
    "clean: plastic?

The best way to save the environment may be to start eating human flesh as one scientist suggested recently. (Shock & horror!) He did not actually suggest cannibalism but recycling flesh of the deceased. Sounds more like eating "roadkill" to me. To be honest, reducing the human population will solve 90% of our problems as we are running out of resources, including water and clean air.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast