Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Threats To Boycott Woolworths!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Spar doesnt have a card which can put you into debt for your food.

Thanks
    The press published a blog from a Woolworths employee last night.

She states that a) she is White, b) recently employed, and c) is interviewing people for jobs at the moment - of all races, including whites.

VERY angry - she says this is an urban legend being blown up by the ill-informed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If only all those South Africans now expressing outrage at Woolworths for implementing an employment equity plan in terms of the Employment Equity Act had been similarly outraged at racial discrimination during Apartheid. If only they had taken part in boycotts of the South African Police Force and Defence Force and had boycotted all the companies who helped to prop up the Apartheid state.
    I was wondering when we will see this Source

Now I cannot help but wonder if this "reporter" actually figured out that how many people wasn’t really born in those times and that they had nothing to do with the decisions that was made?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Well I was born then ........... lived thro that period and went to the army in that period ............. I think a lot of people here on the forum is the same.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And how many of the choices made back then was yours? And how many of those choices were made by your leaders?
    peace is a state of mind

6. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (07-Sep-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The problem here is not Woolworths, but our racist government. If after 18 years in power, they still can not take control of their own free will, with out bringing in racism and protectionism accompanied by nepotism and corruption, then there is really no hope for South Africa.

Why do my children have to be subjugated under this racism called BEE, when they were born n the supposedly racist free and democratic South Africa.
    If they continue to burn down schools, and prevent their children from going to school in some protest or other, they they must remain where they are, and leave the minority groups alone, who wish tomake a good life for themselves.

If you don't have the skills for the job, then move over and allow someone else who does, irrespective of your race or colour!
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

8. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (08-Sep-12), Nickolai Naydenov (07-Sep-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have been thinking about this thread, and believe that we should start making everyone aware of the fact that our current government is racist, and we need to make a stand, or else our children will suffer, because they will never get employed.

Whilst our vote may be lost in the sea of votes, we can use our finances to make ourselves heard. So I will be boycotting Woolworths, so that we can start making the public aware of this racist job equity that has been passed into law by our parliament.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    tec way back then we all had choices..................

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    tec way back then we all had choices..................
    No, No one had any choice. In anything really... The easiest way to blind someone is to make them believe that they have choice. Now I know you don’t think much of me but please think about this. Every campaign had there “truth” it was single minded and directly aimed at people’s fears. It was exploited back then. And today we just see more of the same.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    No, No one had any choice. In anything really... The easiest way to blind someone is to make them believe that they have choice. Now I know you don’t think much of me but please think about this. Every campaign had there “truth” it was single minded and directly aimed at people’s fears. It was exploited back then. And today we just see more of the same.
    We can not blame everything that goes wrong on apartheid. We've had enough time to change the world that we live in, so no more excuses.

White people exercised their choice by voting for change. The NP had no choice but to hand over power. For too long people were fooled by the communist threat, the catholic threat and the "swart gevaar". The politicians lied to us, but in the end truth prevailed.

The ANC and their alliance partners are now using the same racist rhetoric to fool the masses and to keep the elite in power. The truth is however slowly revealing itself and people are realising just how wrong and how politically bankrupt the ANC is. The time has come for all South Africans to stand together, to kick out the politicians and to start building a nation. The chickens are coming home to roost....
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast