Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petrol price increase

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Correction....only the cunning will survive...the rest will get killed by the masses or the police...
    Adrian, seriously you are constantly complaining, do something about that if the police irritates you so much then make a difference, become the next police commissioner, move to another country or whatever just stop moaning!!!
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Suspended
    Thanks
    I tend to agree - people should get more involved.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolai Naydenov View Post
    Adrian, seriously you are constantly complaining, do something about that if the police irritates you so much then make a difference, become the next police commissioner, move to another country or whatever just stop moaning!!!
    That is a bit unfair... A voice in silence is a voice not counted. All of us here would love to become the next commissioner but what are the chances of that happening? Realistically what can any one of us do?

Well I like many others write in hopes that others will read and then write so that others may read. Thus the consciousness of the problem gets attention and is scrutinized at all levels.

We may not always agree but never silence a voice that is the worst possible thing you can do.

As for the Petrol Price; being active on multiple markets my strategy is bulk to limit transport costs. Talk to the fabricators and see if you can’t find a reasonable compromise. Get suppliers to consider swap outs for 21 days and not just 14 days. Every bit helps. Write letters to our transport minister and ask them to get our trains both safe and running order. That will help alot!!!

I am sure others have also considered ideas to keep cost down. So why not share them?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (06-Sep-12)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    That is a bit unfair... A voice in silence is a voice not counted. All of us here would love to become the next commissioner but what are the chances of that happening? Realistically what can any one of us do?
    I get what you mean buy with all due respect talk makes no difference, action does! Nothing will just change all of a sudden, all the small differences that everyone makes contribute to one big difference, so sitting moaning doesn't help. I've decided to be a police reservist, blood donor and organ donor, this is what I can do, there are people that can do something different but end of the day when everyone does something all these small things suddenly become something noticeable. The quote says: "Be the change you want to see in the word!"

6. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (08-Sep-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Why should I stop moaning about the police farce, they are paid to do a job and they do it badly at times. I derive as much pleasure from showing my dismay at their incompetence as you do from singing their praises.

I am going to continue to bash them every time the quality of their service is poor, just as I am going to bash every single entity that delivers poor service. You will just have to learn to live with it. I know it is hard to accept that not all of us think that they are saints all the time, but do try.

I am immune to being patronized, you see, the thing is that it is just a strategy to shift the discussion from an objective to a personal level. The strategy only works on people who don't recognize it as such.

I see on News24 that the police are said to be corrupt in the forensic lab in Silverton - so what threat are they reacting to - poverty? Could it be...maybe, they used that excuse to explain all those corrupt building leases.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So tell me, if you are unhappy with the meal you receive from KFC are you going to go cook the chicken in the kitchen? If you unhappy with the service you get from Vodacom are you going to become their MD? If you take your car for a servicenand they forget to tighten 5he brake caliper are you going to become a mechanic and fix the car yourself? If the teacher at school is nasty to your little suzy are you going to become a teacher?

The argument that you put forward does not make sense, if we pay for a service and the service is poor then we have a right (no, a duty) to complain. Each person chooses their career and they charge a salary to be compensated for doing that chosen task. They should be told when they are doing it badly and if they are incapable of doing it properly then they should be doing something else.

I do not accept the argument that I should either keep quiet or accept mediocrity and I refuse to do so - if the food is bad then I complain and send it back - I paid for it and I want my pound of flesh. If you want to accept an overcooked meal and quietly eat it in the corner or help the chef to cook, that's your choice, I sure as hell ain't going to do it.

My customers $h1t on me when my service is poor, I don't berate them for feeling that way, I try to see my service through their eyes and learn from it. At the end of the day, the customer couldn't care less about my problems, my fears or my dreams, they care about the service that they pay for. If the service is $h1t then it is so, I accept it, apologize, learn from it and try harder next time. It is no different for the police, we complain when we feel that the service is not up to standard.

9. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (08-Sep-12), Dave A (09-Sep-12)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Adrian, as you said when your food is not good you return it, when you have a problem you speak to your mechanic, then of you have an issue with the police speak to the relevant people, escalate your concerns and keep on pressing on them! Otherwise stick to ADT and when you have issues call them let them resolve any oroblems you might have. You can acheive anything as long as you want to!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I agree that poor service should never be rewarded. Never accept poor service, but it does not help to moan to the underling. Find out who the manager is and give him s#!t.

There are too many unqualified managers in our system. They give poor instructions that are not understood by staff. They do not train their staff, but expect excellent results. They hire unqualified, cheap labour, but expect them to be just as productive as people with certificates and training. All to squeeze another cent...

I have sympathy for some of the police officers who give excellent service and see it as their calling to protect us. Unfortunately their efforts are undone by their management and the lazy sods that see it only as a job. The police force is going exactly the same way as the army. The good guys are being forced out and the crooks are taking over. Case in point the Selebi's and other criminals in high places.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

12. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (09-Sep-12)

Thanks
    Adrian

I think it is important that the opposite should also apply.

If you are going to gripe about bad service, you should also praise good service!

14. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (12-Sep-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    Adrian

I think it is important that the opposite should also apply.

If you are going to gripe about bad service, you should also praise good service!
    Agreed. Praise for good service will enhance commitment to effort and performance. It generates energy and encourage an internal locus of control.

So do give praise where praise is due, and don't forget to tip the waitron if you are impressed with her service.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

16. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (13-Sep-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12