Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just won R250 000

Diamond Member
    Thanks

just won R250 000

Yeah right like i believe them,

I loaded mtn airtime and recieved an sms indicating that i had just won R250 000 in the cocacola united kingdom yearly draw, with a reference number and a contact number 012-8239627 and an email address cocacolapromo7@gmail.com cellphone number +27793392645.

I decided to check out the land line number to see if it was legit, someone actually answered the call gave company details "PK International" and she has a physical address which i didnt bother writting down. So what do i do, get the physical address, contact the police and give them all the details?

It sounds to good to be true, especially when they tell me i must now register and give them all my personal details. Surely cocacola would do things a little more professional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @ians, why do you go for small change? I win at least 3 lotteries per day. All more than $1million. I also get "donations" from Etiopia and Nigeria and lately from Afghanistan.

Jokes aside, I do think if someone makes an effort, these scamsters can be traced and brought to book.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Sorry to disappoint you Ians, but I already won it last week

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (04-Sep-12)

Thanks
    And I won a fortune on the FIFA world cup lottery.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Why not report them to the police? Go for it!!!
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Decided to contact the number again to get more details, physical address etc. The number does not exsist.

So it looks like they setup a telkom line, cellphone number, gmail address, they even had a physical address this morning,which i didnt take down because i thought it was a scam, the lady gave her name the whole nine yards. By lunch time they are shut down. I wonder how many people they actually catch?

How do these scams work and what do they achieve, do they get your personal details then sell the info, do they get your bank account details and clean out your bank account.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Why not report them to the police? Go for it!!!
    I did once before, for a scam which i got involved in.

I got a call from a person who wanted to setup a meeting to discuss buying goods for Nigeria, cars parts etc, i setup a meeting with the person, met with them, setup another meeting to finalise the deal. Had some contacts in the police who i notified and we setup such a sweet deal for these fellas. I never heard from them again, i dont know why.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    One of the ladies at work received sms saying she won from rica draw. I knew it was a scam and phoned to piss them off. So a colored woman answered, she said i need to go buy R110 vodacom airtime and send her the pin to activate the win bwahahaha... So i said sorry but i dont use vodacom, so she says ya I know you are on mtn so i said no i'm not hahaha... So she said which network are you using, so i said come on guess you have two more tries, so she says cell c, i laugh again and said wrong again, you guys are useless i don't want your prize hahaha, by this time she's lekker irritated and says sir doesn't matter who you use,you must send us a vodacom R110 so i said sure I'll doit but i don't use vodacom and the money will be a waste and she said no sir its on,y for activation so i said ok I'll do it but i only have R10 in cash and if she can borrow me a R100 which of course i'd kindly pay her back, but then she says i'd crook her, anyway i kept her on the phone and acted stupid for about 10min after which she put the phone down on me Nd never answered again, i even sent her an sms saying i want my prize hahaha... But no reply, damn i just lost so much money, but its ok since evry day i win other competitions that i dont even enter into, now can you imagine if i did enter for real bwahahahaha....
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Thanks
    If I get an unsolicited call from someone who does not care whether I am busy with something else but simply starts "Hi I'm here to tell you about blah blah blah" and I say sorry I'm not interested, but they carry on, then I really give them the runaround - I answer every statement they make with a question. Eventually they get so frustrated they drop the call. As far as that 'rica call' is concerned, I too have received one. What a flipping cheek! I must go and buy R110 airtime so that I can 'win' something (in that case it was a cellphone) that I will never see anyway. Another scam is to sms 'special numbers' found inside yogurt container lids or wherever. Within seconds of you sending the 'number' at a cost of R whatever, you get a reply sms "sorry you didn't win this time, but please try again". I'm not saying EVERY competition is not a genuine effort to increase sales for the company, but just that one must be wary what you are entering. When and how will winners be notified? What other T & C's apply? etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Yeah right like i believe them,

email address cocacolapromo7@gmail.com cellphone number +27793392645.

I decided to check out the land line number to see if it was legit, someone actually answered the call gave company details "PK International" and she has a physical address which i didnt bother writting down. So what do i do, get the physical address, contact the police and give them all the details?

. Surely cocacola would do things a little more professional.
    @cocacolapromo7@gmail.com cellphone number +27793392645, CONGRATULATIONS! You made it to the scam alert forum! A real feat! I feel like I should give you some type of award! Please just take your rubbish can and hand it to yourself!" Bloody agent"
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.