Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just won R250 000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

just won R250 000

Yeah right like i believe them,

I loaded mtn airtime and recieved an sms indicating that i had just won R250 000 in the cocacola united kingdom yearly draw, with a reference number and a contact number 012-8239627 and an email address cocacolapromo7@gmail.com cellphone number +27793392645.

I decided to check out the land line number to see if it was legit, someone actually answered the call gave company details "PK International" and she has a physical address which i didnt bother writting down. So what do i do, get the physical address, contact the police and give them all the details?

It sounds to good to be true, especially when they tell me i must now register and give them all my personal details. Surely cocacola would do things a little more professional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @ians, why do you go for small change? I win at least 3 lotteries per day. All more than $1million. I also get "donations" from Etiopia and Nigeria and lately from Afghanistan.

Jokes aside, I do think if someone makes an effort, these scamsters can be traced and brought to book.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Sorry to disappoint you Ians, but I already won it last week

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (04-Sep-12)

Thanks
    And I won a fortune on the FIFA world cup lottery.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Why not report them to the police? Go for it!!!
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Why not report them to the police? Go for it!!!
    I did once before, for a scam which i got involved in.

I got a call from a person who wanted to setup a meeting to discuss buying goods for Nigeria, cars parts etc, i setup a meeting with the person, met with them, setup another meeting to finalise the deal. Had some contacts in the police who i notified and we setup such a sweet deal for these fellas. I never heard from them again, i dont know why.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I did once before, for a scam which i got involved in.

I got a call from a person who wanted to setup a meeting to discuss buying goods for Nigeria, cars parts etc, i setup a meeting with the person, met with them, setup another meeting to finalise the deal. Had some contacts in the police who i notified and we setup such a sweet deal for these fellas. I never heard from them again, i dont know why.
    They might have a contact with police. You must have given the scammers a some thingy which alerted them.
    11 Year's of Experience - Get Your Free Digital Marketing Consultant - only on TheForumSA, PM Me for details!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Well i actually won R3000 yesterday, WITHOUT BUYING A TICKET, being the kind of person i am (dont trust anyone) got a call from my wife to tell me i had won the R3000, yeah right, she told me that someone was trying to get hold of me, i noticed a missed call from a 031566xxx number, so i returned the call, to find it was east coast radio. Then i really got suspicious and thought they were trying to prank me. I went to my van got one of my asssistants to listen to the radio and told him to give me a thumbs up if he heard my voice on the radio. My phone rang at 8.40 when i answered i could hear my wife in the backround, checked with the guy by my van, who didnt give me a thumbs up, so i was going to put down the phone, lucky i didnt because it wasnt a prank, when they turned to me, my voice did go on air so i got a thumbs up, and yes i did win the R3000. My wife had entered me into the competition and hadnt told me, wow, what a nice suprise

Thanks
    Congratulations ians! Enjoy!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Congratulations ians! Enjoy!
    now the tricky part is getting the money out of them...i wonder if they pay in 30 days

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.