Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is wealth?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What is wealth?

An American multimillionaire wants to sell his old life on eBay in order to start a new life. The deal includes his chain of computer game shops, two waterfront properties and cars, even the pet dog. He wants the money to go travelling with his wife.

Has he now realised that it is better to do and to experience things than to own things? In our capitalistic world people are often regarded according to the wealth that they have accumulated and display. Fancy houses, cars, clothes etc. When the s#!T hits the fan and there is no more bling, there is often an empty shell with no personality, or identity.

Is your personality determined by your suit and the people you imitate? What is your brand, is it Gucci or Versace or is it the unique person that you are?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

2. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (23-Aug-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am always in the sh#t with no bling, so i would have to say i fall in the unique person catergory . Sometimes i do wish i had the money and bling so i could sell up, retire and tinker in my workshop, make stuff and travel maybe once a year to a different location, while still young enough.
    Last edited by ians; 23-Aug-12 at 03:24 PM.

Email problem
    Thanks
    My definition of wealth is having money, but also more importantly. What is the use of all the money and bling if you don't have any time in which to enjoy it.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Wealth is: health, the family you wished for and all the joys that come with that, doing what you enjoy doing, staying where you want to stay, be filled with happiness, not counting your money when you want to buy something I'm not even talking about being a multi-millionaire but the basics and some luxuries
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Thanks
    My definition of wealth is peace of mind and simply being content. Hollywood and Adverts have plaved needs in us that we feel we simply must satify inorder to be happy.. I don't want the burden of wealth, but I also don't want to struggle. I don't have any big ideas about my self and I'm not even slightly impressed with positions, status, income and qualifications...
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Wealth cannot be measured or counted once you realise that the most valuable thing one can own is time. See time is the one thing you cannot get back… every minute past is a minute lost forever. Every hour a fortune spend. Truth is time is everything because we only get to spend it once in a lifetime. Then it is gone...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I want a sh1tload of money to do as I please when I please. To drive an Aston Martin DBS, fly a Falcon 2000 private jet, pilot an Agusta A109 turbine helicopter, drive a F1 car, Le Mans car, top fuel dragster, NASCAR race car, pilot a grand prix seagoing boat, fly a Edge 540 plane, take a cruise on a ocean liner, go to China, Tibet, tour the world, meet a king, kiss a princess, go to an opera, meet Richard Branson.....shall I carry on....

You just wanna get by, knock yourselves out....

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it sure enables you to be unhappy in exotic places.

You lot are mentally poor - you limit your own horizons with your own limiting thought.... I am mentally wealthy, I am content with only one thought an that is to learn more, experience more, do more, be more, have more, create more....

I couldn't be bothered to imitate anybody, I have way too much going on in my own head. Brands do not equal quality but in general quality doesn't come cheap.

9. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (24-Aug-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I want a sh1tload of money to do as I please when I please. To drive an Aston Martin DBS, fly a Falcon 2000 private jet, pilot an Agusta A109 turbine helicopter, drive a F1 car, Le Mans car, top fuel dragster, NASCAR race car, pilot a grand prix seagoing boat, fly a Edge 540 plane, take a cruise on a ocean liner, go to China, Tibet, tour the world, meet a king, kiss a princess, go to an opera, meet Richard Branson.....shall I carry on....

You just wanna get by, knock yourselves out....

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it sure enables you to be unhappy in exotic places.

You lot are mentally poor - you limit your own horizons with your own limiting thought.... I am mentally wealthy, I am content with only one thought an that is to learn more, experience more, do more, be more, have more, create more....

I couldn't be bothered to imitate anybody, I have way too much going on in my own head. Brands do not equal quality but in general quality doesn't come cheap.
    There is nothing wrong with my imagination and I play flight simulator games because I to love aircraft. I would like to own a few pieces of history and would love to go to Iceland… Ask anyone that knows me, my head is always dreaming up new ideas… But realistically time is irreplaceable thus the most valuable thing you own.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ah you see the difference between you and I, you call it imagination and I call it an attainable goal.

Do you see the difference between between being mentally wealthy and not being mentally wealtlhy?

I am satisfied with the way I use my time, I am a master of my own destiny and having a truckload of money will enable me to to make even better use of my time.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I truly admire 2 friends of ours who go on an exploratory road trip (Cape, Namibia, Botswana, Zim) every year and recently took their 2 kids on a "hike" up Everest. Their attitude is they don't want to be slaves to money and would far rather not be obsessed with accumulating wealth but enjoy themselves while they can. They're not wealthy but choose to spend their hard earned money accumulating memories, which they also can't take with them I agree but are having a lot of fun accumulating.

13. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (24-Aug-12)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast