Thread: Frustrated at SARS losing data...

Thanks

Frustrated at SARS losing data...

Dear all,
    I'm ready to shoot someone at .... SARS.!!
    We apply for TCC for all our cc's and pty's every year, as well as sole proprietors etc. And this year, actually from about 1 month ago, almost all that are registered for PAYE was declined as a result of the 2008 EMP501 recon being outstanding...

The best of all is that-

We have proof that it was submitted. (on time)
    We had a TCC for last year...
    We have asked SARS and they cannot explain... (?)

What we know: 2008 was the first year Easyfile had been implemented. And... SARS is busy working on Easyfile to "enhance" it even more.

We think they have deleted some or other link on their systems, resulting in info to dissapear.. now we must re-submit & waste our valuable time!

I would like to know if anyone else had the same thing happening to them?
    always fear when Christel is near....

Thanks
    Yip; But for EMP501 recon's for 2007!!! In the meantime tcc's have been received and Individuals have submitted their tax returns for that period (2007) and been accepted. Amazingly SARS almost five years later; claim these EMP501 returns have not been submitted.

And to convert the 2007 csv files to the current format is quite a process... Needless to say I have started the slow process of re-submission for 4 companies and approximately 2500 employees... Yippee (PS. I located a template that assists)

Thanks
    I had a frustrating experience with SARS as well yesterday.
    I have registered with the DoL as as PEA, office inspection done and all that remains is for me to send a TCC, simple right? I apply on e-filing on Monday, log in yesterday to check the status which said 'failed', so I contact the call centre for help.
    As it turns out SARS have my CK number wrong (huh??!!) and the call centre rep says even though my tax affairs are in order they will not grant a TCC. Now what amazes me is that I have contacted the call centre on a number of occasions during the last year and not once has this issue presented itself before... again HUH??!!
    I made her wait while I pulled out my IT77C - CK number is right, my guess is some genius captured it wrong at SARS - I have now had to scan and email my IT77CC and CK2 docs and will probably wait another month for them to sort this out, so in the interim my ability to trade is affected.
    These are the days when I wonder why I pay my taxes on time, submit my returns on time and encourage my clients to do the same.
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    I had a frustrating experience with SARS as well yesterday.
    I have registered with the DoL as as PEA, office inspection done and all that remains is for me to send a TCC, simple right? I apply on e-filing on Monday, log in yesterday to check the status which said 'failed', so I contact the call centre for help.
    As it turns out SARS have my CK number wrong (huh??!!) and the call centre rep says even though my tax affairs are in order they will not grant a TCC. Now what amazes me is that I have contacted the call centre on a number of occasions during the last year and not once has this issue presented itself before... again HUH??!!
    I made her wait while I pulled out my IT77C - CK number is right, my guess is some genius captured it wrong at SARS - I have now had to scan and email my IT77CC and CK2 docs and will probably wait another month for them to sort this out, so in the interim my ability to trade is affected.
    These are the days when I wonder why I pay my taxes on time, submit my returns on time and encourage my clients to do the same.

----

Interesting ...

We also did a TCC for a security company for tender purposes = Declined the legal name in 2012 is not the same as the trading name??

We had done name changes in 2008 already...

So we simply "Manually" submitted the TCC with the Necessary documentation , (PS also had to resubmit EMP101, with the same name change documentation, as the name was only changed for VAT and Income Tax = really bizarre) and .. Hey Presto ... We have our TCC in 5 working days!!

We usually try all avenues; submit online and Manually etc.

Maybe submitting Manually may also work for you?

5. Thanks given for this post:

KimH (31-Aug-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichoalscfm View Post

----

Interesting ...

We also did a TCC for a security company for tender purposes = Declined the legal name in 2012 is not the same as the trading name??

We had done name changes in 2008 already...

So we simply "Manually" submitted the TCC with the Necessary documentation , (PS also had to resubmit EMP101, with the same name change documentation, as the name was only changed for VAT and Income Tax = really bizarre) and .. Hey Presto ... We have our TCC in 5 working days!!

We usually try all avenues; submit online and Manually etc.

Maybe submitting Manually may also work for you?
    Now that Vat and provisionals are done I suppose trekking down to Paarl as opposed to the Bellville branch might be a good idea - hopefully the queues aren't as bad
    Thanks Nichoalscfm - perhaps I should try the face to face approach because online things seem to take that much longer.

Cheers
    Kim
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    perhaps I should try the face to face approach because online things seem to take that much longer.
    My experience is online is great as long as there isn't a snag. The moment there's a wobble, time to climb on the phone or haul out the car keys.