Maybe someone can answer this question,

Let say i own a motorcycle, and one day i decide to take it in to have the back tyre replaced. I send it in to my local brand name dealer, expecting the best workmanship.

First the brake system must be removed, then the axle, then the chain is lifted off and bingo the wheel is off. They put a new tyre on and off i go, with a smile on my face, however when i take the off ramp and start slowing down i hear a load bang and so other strange noises. Cut a long story short, the brake caliper was not tightened, the bolts came out, the whole brake goes flying off, which meant i had no brakes.

Who would be liable for the damages,

I would asume that the company would have to pay for everything and should have all types of insurance to cover this type of incident.

The question is, can the company hold the apprentice liable who worked on the motorcycle and make him pay for all the damages and fire him, or make him pay for all the damages and give him a final written warning?

Taking into consideration that the apprentice has completed the module which covers this type of work and passed the required tests.