Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The DA saying what we saying???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    an arrogant, corrupt, racist party that is betraying their own people.
    That is exactly what I thought of the Nats, funny how the more things change the more they stay the same.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    and now Mantashe is saying what we are saying

"BEE should also be about acquiring skills and learning about the operations of the company itself,"

"He said it was untenable that when the government built primary schools, it spent R20m, but when a school was donated by a company, that company spent only between R5m and R10m.

"Something is wrong in creating layers and layers of business."

He said the state was aware it gave out tenders, and the quality of the service provided was not up to scratch, pointing to the fact that newly built bridges were already being eroded."

read the whole article at http://www.bdlive.co.za/business/201...-says-mantashe
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mantashe didn't think much of Khosa's comments, though:
    ANC secretary-general Mantashe later lashed out at Khoza at a press briefing with the party's top six officials.

"I would be very worried if the business community begins to think that it has a monopoly of understanding of political leadership," he told reporters.
    It's OK to criticise inefficient government spending.
    It's OK to criticise tender irregularities.
    It's OK to criticise corruption.
    It's OK to criticise BEE for failing to deliver on key objectives.
    But it's not OK to criticise the ANC political leadership.

The leaders are responsible for the culture of the organisation. Guess who that is?

Or isn't the ANC the "ruling party" anymore?

Thanks
    The ANC is doing us great discredit. They allow comments such as 'we'll make that province ungovernable!' Such threats should be treated or perceived in the same light as treason. How can you threaten to make your very own country ungovernable especially in a Constitutional Democracy? Okay, Julius Malema is now old news, but his rhetoric alternatively the ruling parties condoning it by omission is a reminder of the embarrassment this party has caused us internationally. I doubt any ANC leader will be able to even survive 1 day in a British Parliament debate. Every person sitting in that house is extremely knowledgeable on all aspects of their country including but not limited to the latest developments and possible resolutions, all aspects of economic problems and a demonstration that they understand how government works.
    In stark contrast, we have jz responding to a simple question of why he didn’t do anything about mduli, he said something along these lines, ‘I can’ jump the minister and jump the deputy minister. He should have said, as of this moment, he is fired, he can take us to the labour court, and we’ll vigorously challenge him. But, apparently not, in SA you can’t ‘JUMP,’ certain people!!!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    That is exactly what I thought of the Nats, funny how the more things change the more they stay the same.
    A politician is a politician is a politician...They are all the same!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    If I was to tell the Press I was going up to address the miners after the incident, the attitude would be "so what?"

Julius Malema is out of the ruling party. He is just a man in the street. Just like you and me.

SO - why do the Press rush to report that he is going up there, and report what he said and did?

Ne is a NOTHING!

7. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (23-Aug-12)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Only by voting for an opposition party can we keep the required balance to keep a ruling party on their toes. There should always be a strong opposition to keep this balance.

They may have had noble intentions when they still had proper leaders, but the ANC has now become an arrogant, corrupt, racist party that is betraying their own people. The other parties are not much better, but if we love this country and its people we have a duty to show more patriotism and put South Africa first. Let's take our country back from the corrupt politicians.
    I am right alongside you on this. The only hope a country has against a majority government is a strengthening opposition.

Perhaps Judge Chris' much debated post sheds an explanation - "sheep mentality". The masses are so cowardly they would rather go with the herd and just vote for the ruling party.

Isn't it amazing that it takes an ignaramous like "Little Bob" Malema to take the fight to the bunch of corrupt power hungry government officials we have. His utterances at the Marikana Memorial Service yesterday, as inappropriate, ill-timed (politicking at a Memorial Service), insensitive & disrespectful (to families of the dead). In a way I am thankful that this idiot has misbehaved and been expelled given he seems to be one of few who feels nothing to sock it to government. As repugnant as this dangerous, self indulging, irrational twit is, it worries me sick that the masses seem to listen to him. He talks their language.

Thanks
    Agreed.

BUT - why does the Press report on him? He is a NOTHING.

He is powerful because the press MAKES him that way. They say he is going to a place - so people go to hear him.

If they didn't KNOW he was goung, there would be nobody there to listen.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rereading the thread and in context to the above:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    The trouble is that the general mentality in this country is that if you are anti-ANC, you are unpatriotic.

The ANC nurtures this - and that is (one of the) reasons that the downtrodden go on voting as before.
    I suggest the mentality that the ANC has been nurturing is that the only way to meaningful political influence and to bring about change is through the ANC (and no-one else).

Perhaps that makes following Julius right now an interesting proposition

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    More and more people are realising that the Dolittle Party is not doing anything for them and that it is time to move on.

The implosion of the state's administration and the corruption in the guise of BEE will have dire consequences for South Africa in the coming years.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.