Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I move from BB?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I don't support Apple out of principle. Google, Android and Samsung rule. I truly hope that Apple continues down the tube. The vrot American Apple is being replaced by a South Korean Superstar. Next thing the Americans will be trading their Caddy's in on Kia's
    Last edited by adrianh; 15-Aug-12 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolai Naydenov View Post
    besides I don't like full touch screen phones
    I used to have my reservations about them too, but since I got the Nokia C7 I've changed my mind. Full touch screen has a heck of a lot going for it, I reckon.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes I am also a touchscreen person . Just downloaded an app called Evernote - so whatever notes I put on my tablet is automatically on my phone as well and vice versa ..... awesome. I have also downloaded a "tape measure" so that when I see clients to measure for electric fencing - I can now point my phone at the distance and it calculates the distance needed .......... technology today is mindblowing.

Thanks
    @Neville - How is the new phone working out?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Strange ... just saw this: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08..._license_bb10/

So is BB trying to win over with a "new" OS? Or are they trying to become a Google and sell their OS?
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Suspended
    Thanks
    I went to Europe early this year and noticed that Blackberry is not very popular at all over there. In fact I dont actually remember seeing one blackberry. The most popular phones were the I phone and the Samsung Galaxy S2 then. Obviously this was before the S3 came out. Lots of people also walked around with their tablets taking photographs and videos. So it was quite clear to me that SA is probably Blackberry's biggest client base ...... it seems that the kids here still enjoy bb with its free bbm. Personally I dont see blackberry being around for too many years - wheres theres smoke there must be a fire, and there have been too many negative rumours about blackberry. Samsung has certainly taken over the limelight with their tablets and now the S3 - even I Phone are complaining about them "stealing" I phone technology.

Thanks
    Yep, had the same experience about BB abroad ... I think the only reasons they're feasible over here is due to data costs being so high in comparison; and most of SA are not using the more advanced features of "smart-phones" (i.e. as if it's a mini-computer in your pocket instead of just a communication device). I think the BBM has died because of stuff like Twitter & Facebook and the like - no more text, rather photos / video. Seems the trend is towards "bling" on your communications ... how long that'll last is anyone's guess.

As for Apple/Samsung fighting ... it seems to get pretty hairy in that court case! http://www.pcworld.com/article/26037..._of_court.html
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @Neville - How is the new phone working out?
    I am absolutely loving it!

It has exceeded my expectations by far, and I did have fairly high expectations.

It is so slick and fast (the processor is faster than many computers) and there is more than enough memory on board, plus it can accept up to another 64 GB in the form of a SD card.

The graphics are awesome and the already extensive functionality can be enhanced by an enormous range of apps, many of them free of charge.

It makes my BlackBerry look decidedly sluggish and boring.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

9. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (16-Aug-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12