Can someone please assist me on this matter; advise. I have consulted with a Doctor on the 28 February 2011 and on the 28 April 2011 I received a call from the Doctor alleging that I owed him R381.04, which my medical aid did not pay. I then requested that an invoice for this amount which I never received until I learned on December 2011 that my account was handed to attorneys. When I called these attorneys they send me an invoice now amounting to R1800. I disputed this amount and only deposited R 381.04 and faxed the proof of payment. Now l learned that on the 07 December 2012 that I was listed at Credit bureau by the attorneys representing the Doctor. I then lodged a complaint with Credit ombudsman on the grounds which judgement was handed against my name without proper procedures being followed and requested that there be rescission of judgment.
On the 03 July 2012 I was served with a section 65 (A) 1 notice to appear in court on the 19 July 20012. Just a day before I could go to court called my medical aid and I was shocked to learn that in fact my medical aid had settled this amount on 15 April 2011 (46 days after my consultation). Now on the 19 July 2012 I went to court to show the proof of payment and my deposit slip for the 5 June 2012. Then the case was postponed to 17 August 2012.

What happens in this case? This is clearly unfair. Can take any civil action against this institution? Can someone advise on this matter?