Thread: Employer Fraud

Thanks

Employer Fraud

Good morning,

I worked for my ex employer for five years. She opened up an endowment policy for me and another staff member. I was aware that she was struggling to pay the premiums of R500.00 every month. however she deducted the R500.00 from my salary. She sent me a text saying that I would get my money when she sells the business. Since I have left, I have not heard a word about my money. I have taken the matter to an Attorney, however the process of issuing a summons on her is taking very long. Should she not pay me my money, could she be prosecuted for fraud?

Regards,
    Addy

Thanks

Fraud

By making a deduction from your salary without cause, she is guilty of theft or fraud. If this was a pension or savings scheme, there has to be a third party - Bank, Insurance Company or Broker and you should have some form of documentation, then approach them for assitance.

You have to prove that the money is due to you either as pension or savings scheme or a lump sum, without proof you are going to struggle to get it back.

The law is very specific about Salary Dedictions - you may be able to approch the Department of labour

Quote Originally Posted by Addy View Post
    Good morning,

I worked for my ex employer for five years. She opened up an endowment policy for me and another staff member. I was aware that she was struggling to pay the premiums of R500.00 every month. however she deducted the R500.00 from my salary. She sent me a text saying that I would get my money when she sells the business. Since I have left, I have not heard a word about my money. I have taken the matter to an Attorney, however the process of issuing a summons on her is taking very long. Should she not pay me my money, could she be prosecuted for fraud?

Regards,
    Addy
    Michael Vella
    Web Presence Solutions - www.solutionsweb.co.za

Thanks
    Hello Michael.

Thanks for that info. I have got proof on my salary slip and a letter from Metropolitan, stating the arrears on the policy. Time to nail her ;-)

Regards,
    Addy