Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Investments ( containers/shares/forex)

Thanks

Investments ( containers/shares/forex)

I am very interested in investing abroad but there is such a lot of SCAMS nowadays that it's better to keep the extra rand under the pillow...anyone know of reputable offshore investment options...i did a bit of research on so called co's that pest me day and night regarding investing in forex, containers,etc...SCAMMERS i tell you they are even published on the most wanted lists abroad...what now...???
    I do have a few rands in SATRIX 40 but that is obviously long term...

Email problem
    Thanks
    Morning Andre,

The best and safest way is to invest your money with a local financial services provider, who diversify with funds offshore. I need to ask you though, why do you want to invest offshore? There are plenty of good vehicles to invest in locally

Thanks
    Hi Andrea!
    It is a very good idea thinking out of the box. You make a better and imaginable profits investing abroad, though that is not a guarantee.

Some business fails and some prospers tremendously. This depends on what you would like to invest and the countries you have in mind.

There is Economic upsurge in some countries in Africa right now...Angola, Nigeria, Zambia, Equatoria Guinea...

Share your countries of choice and lets discuss it more.
    "IF YOU WAIT FOR PERFECT CONDITION, YOU'LL NEVER GET ANYTHING DONE"

Silver Member
    Thanks
    38% of local shares are owned by foreign investors, historically we've performed much better than developed economies, also offshore you have a second risk factor which is currency exchange rate, I personally invest into local equity and unlisted property shares. You have R22800 tax free profit per year on interest bearing assets, you invest into our economy, I personally believe you'll get better returns and so on.
    With regards to your satrix 40 if you invested into a non-tracking fund you would have gotten much better returns guaranteed, anyway just a thought
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

5. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (24-Jul-12)

Thanks
    thank you Nickolai...

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply riaano but i do have a few local investments in my basket but maybe it is just going along at a slow pace according to me that is...

Thanks
    Thanks Cejay...i prefer the european countries (UK,Germany and the like) i know it is kind of risky in the Eurozone currently but as the saying goes " from others misfortune comes your fortune"...

Thanks
    Before 'Democracy' dawned in SA there were a few guys who used local money to fabricate containers then leased them all over the world with the money going into a foreign account.

It was a 'Skelm' way of using local cash to generate foreign income and getting your cash out of the country.

I think the loophole was closed after a while, but not before a lot of horses had bolted.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Email problem
    Thanks
    So, if I understand correctly Andre, you have a couple of extra Bokke that you want to speculate with? Have a look here, this might be of interest to you..
    http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...-has-ever-seen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrecv View Post
    i do have a few local investments in my basket but maybe it is just going along at a slow pace according to me that is...
    Better than going backwards like many other parts of the world. The JSE has been doing quite well compared to most other markets.

If I was to look offshore... has anyone taken a close look at Australia and how their stock exchange has been performing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast