Excuse my butchering of the article in Business Day but I felt the emphasis in the original text was assaboutface and I have highlighted the 'elephant in the room' that Government is ignoring when it comes to 'Creating Jobs'
Cheap accounting? or are they just going to use SMME's as guinea pigs

"Economic Development Minister Ebrahim Patel said at the launch of the initiative this week that the country needed to work together to create 5-million new jobs in the next eight years."

"He said 61% of people employed in the formal sector were employed in SMEs by entrepreneurs, who played a vital role in creating jobs. The government realised that to transform the economy, it was necessary to adopt a "pro-employment" approach."

"THE government has made available R6m for the training of unemployed accounting graduates in an initiative launched with the help of the accounting industry to provide back-office support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)."

I am left breathless when they say things like "R6m initiative to train unemployed graduates" and further down they say "After undergoing training, students should be able to submit value-added tax and other tax returns, and compile basic financial statements."
Spare me but wouldn't you think that a recently graduated student would not need training in how to fill in VAT and Income Tax forms or to compile a basic financial statement???? 'puhleeeeze' are these unemployed graduates or idiots they are talking about??