Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cinemas Showing Old Blockbuster Movies

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Will you go to the movies if they lower the prices?
    When they show a decent movie, seems to be a lot of crap at the moment?

I found this article interesting
    http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mi...id-you-come-it
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Will you go to the movies if they lower the prices?
    Provided they lower the prices of the snacks too.

I would go for sure.

It is not that I mind paying for a service, the cost must just be reasonable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post

I would go for sure.

Agreed Adrian. The snacks is a rip off. I take my own.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks

I would go for sure.

"where you could get drinks and popcorn for just $2.00."

see above and below from Michael Moore

"So I had this epiphany. What would a movie theater look like if it were designed, built and run by the people who actually make the movies? Why are we, the filmmakers, never consulted about what the movie-going experience should be like? After all, that's our art, our creative work, up there on those screens. In no other art form does the artist NOT have a say in how their art is presented to the public."
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    "where you could get drinks and popcorn for just $2.00."

see above and below from Michael Moore

"So I had this epiphany. What would a movie theater look like if it were designed, built and run by the people who actually make the movies? Why are we, the filmmakers, never consulted about what the movie-going experience should be like? After all, that's our art, our creative work, up there on those screens. In no other art form does the artist NOT have a say in how their art is presented to the public."
    Artists have all the right to charge for their services. However, they will soon realise that basic business principles still apply. If your public does not see the value in your art, they will not buy.

Cinemas are unfortunately not run by artists, but by business people who seem to be totally out of sync with their target market.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Driena View Post
    I probably watch 60% of the films that get released at Nu Metro / Ster Kinekor and I'm just wondering wouldn't it be good for the cinemas to bring back blockbuster movies from the past.

I'd love to see movies like Lord of the Rings, Thor on big screen again or old films like The Lion King, Pearl Harbor, Jurassic Park.

Have you known cinemas to do this in the past.
    watch sabc 1-2-3 you get to watch the old movies...only problem...you will have to wait about 5 years for them to get lord of the rings...pearl habour etc

rather save up and install a home theatre system...mine cost around 8 grand...TV and surround sound and a multimedia player for the hard drive...wow and you must see movies like pearl habour...my favourite is gladiator...

Suspended
    Thanks
    this is something i am trying to understand...like ushaka...you are not allowed to take in your own cooldrinks...yet they charge you R15 for a can of cooldrink...and they wonder why people dont visit...or they have an open day and rip you off...min parking fee of R25...talk about price fixing.

surely if people where smart they would at least make the refreshments a market related price to encourage people to buy "more"...or am i missing something?

one of the projects i worked on i found a market for cooldrinks...sold them a little cheaper than you could get them at a tea room and still made a small fortune...the beuty about it they were sold within 1 hour of collection ever day...if i had the time i would have only sold cooldrinks and made more money out of the cooldrink sales than i was taking home from the project per day after expenses.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Who still remembers drive in cinemas where you could take the whole family. Family meals and snacks were packed and eaten at interval if you could wait that long. Kids would have to bath and get into their pyjamas so that dad could just dump them into bed after the show.

Oh yes, and the midnight shows where you took your cherie and parked in the back row...

Before that, there were cafe' bios where you could walk in at any time and watch 2 movies on a continuous loop. Most popular were the cowboy and war movies. For your 20c or 25c you could choose between a soda or an ice cream. Smoking was also allowed, so the school boys would take advantage of the cover of darkness.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Isn't it amazing how seemingly little things have a huge impact. The thing is, their pricing policies turn the average mother and kids into expert smugglers. My wife and daughters have it down to a fine art. They are able to smuggle anything into a cinema.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Isn't it amazing how seemingly little things have a huge impact. The thing is, their pricing policies turn the average mother and kids into expert smugglers. My wife and daughters have it down to a fine art. They are able to smuggle anything into a cinema.
    Pirates of the Carribean, er Cape Town...?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.