Thread: Why Buy Those Over-Priced Ebooks?

Thanks

Why Buy Those Over-Priced Ebooks?

Have you bought any of those $97 ebooks lately? Nowadays, there are a great many 'experts' producing fluffed up 300 page, bloated ebooks that the sell for $67 or $97 a pop. Many of them could be reduced to just a few pages if the authors didn't 'pump them up' with unnecessary filler. A couple of months ago, I bought an 'expert' ebook about how to make lots of cash
    every month from AdSense. After reading nearly 200 pages, all he said is to make the AdSense ads look like they're part of your website instead of looking like ads. This was a case of taking ten pages worth of info and blowing it up to nearly 200 pages just to give the illusion of value! Who would pay the high price if the fluff was removed and the ebook was only a few pages, may 10 or 15? The new thing in ebooks is 'short and sweet' - just pertinent information, minus all the extraneous garbage you don't need. The idea here is that you get the important information you're really looking for, without all the junk. Highly informative ebooks on current subjects for cheap prices - you can't go wrong. How much? Do you like seven dollars?
    You gotta see this Terrific Selection of

$7 Ebooks
    Last edited by Dave A; 31-May-07 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The above post might be considered spam - but raises an interesting subject.

This caught my eye:
    all he said is to make the AdSense ads look like they're part of your website instead of looking like ads.
    Which is a violation of Adsense Terms of Service.

Something of a thought prompter on eBooks though.

Thanks
    I think I read the particular e book which states that make the ads look like links in your website. I must admit that some e books are just a hundred pages of the same thing, yet there are some that do really offer something new at the turn of every page.

Thanks
    On another note: I quickly read TOS for adsense and could not read where it violates the TOS to change the looks of the ads to fit into your site. Dave, what did you mean by Violation of TOS if it is allowed to change the theme of the ads?