Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So much for Direct insurance being cheap!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I really get annoyed when someone phones, usually around 6pm to offer a FREE insurance survey. In stead of telling you that they are selling insurance...
    Seems a very common strategy with life assurance and "investment advisors." I get plenty of calls at my office offering a free investment plan analysis.

Strictly speaking it isn't misrepresentation - doing a needs analysis is the first step in selling financial products anyway. But it sure feels like misrepresentation

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Seems a very common strategy with life assurance and "investment advisors." I get plenty of calls at my office offering a free investment plan analysis.

Strictly speaking it isn't misrepresentation - doing a needs analysis is the first step in selling financial products anyway. But it sure feels like misrepresentation
    Truth is there are decent people doing their job properly and there are the ones wanting to sell you stuff who make everyone in the industry look bad. The whole excersise can be of huge benefit to you if done correctly and if the person is competent.
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Thanks
    Agreed, Nikolai.

A GOOD advisor, who does their job properly, is worth their weight in gold!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, a needs analysis is essential in any advisory function, whether an architect or a zoom lens salesman. It is the unprofessional way in which these people are trying to get a foot in the door that irritates me.

It is easy to spot a professional. they do their homework and they get an introduction or will approach you in a professional manner. They do the GROUNDWORK. Unsolicited cold cold calling is for broom salesmen and is not for professional people. Would you go to a doctor, dentist or lawyer who solicits clients by calling everyone in the phone book at night?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    they do their homework and they get an introduction or will approach you in a professional manner. They do the GROUNDWORK. Unsolicited cold cold calling is for broom salesmen and is not for professional people. Would you go to a doctor, dentist or lawyer who solicits clients by calling everyone in the phone book at night?
    What's the difference between working a client's list of contacts and unsolicited cold calling?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    What's the difference between working a client's list of contacts and unsolicited cold calling?
    Well, I had a phone call at 8am this morning. A RECORDING was trying to sell me insurance. Now that is cheap!!

There is a big difference between prospecting and cold calling. A shotgun approach, calling as many numbers as possible and hoping for a hit is unprofessional. Are there really people who would buy from such cold callers?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12