Thread: post and packaging

Suspended
    Thanks

post and packaging

if i want to send a parcel anywhere in sa...what is the best option and which is a cheap safe option...

one parcel is....800mm x 300mm x 150... weight a couple kgs...not more than lets say 10... and the other 1.2 m x 500mm x 500 mm same sort of weight...just a lighter product.

can you send a parcel that size via the post office and is it safe or is it better to use a courier service...considering on numerous occassion i have recieved parcels from courier services and i wonder if they were using it aa a soccer ball and kicking into the trucks...a good example was the light fittings.

so here is the challenge to find a rate schedule from a company to deliver goods...after a few calls this morning...what i gave dimmensions...i was told that they have a min. weight charge of 30kg but when i gave the large dimmensions...i was told that they have a min. dimmensions charge...so where do you find a company which dispalys all their rates on their website...more google serching
    Last edited by murdock; 09-Jul-12 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks
    Couriers charge either by dimensions or weight whichever works out the most.
    We use MDS Collivery and you can get a quote online just click on quick price button.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    As Ian said, they quote volumetric rates (a rate based on volume x mass) The courier companies never disclose their rate tables because it is such a cutthroat industry.Most companies have many different rate tables negotiated with their customers anyway, so its practically impossible to display the information.

You could also try Bigfoot, they're very good, FedEx is good but very expensive.

Suspended
    Thanks
    now thats what i was looking for ...mds had the price structure i was looking for...i wanted to get an idea what options...ie if it is overnight what rate and road freight...what rate not exact just aball park...so i could decide or advise customers ...people like myeslf...want something now...so i pay the extra cost for overnight...others are not in a hurry so they would rahte rpay the cheaper rate and wait.thanks.

looks like i have managed to find a little guy who will do my cnc machining...he does small jobs.

Suspended
    Thanks
    you gatta love this website...all the info at your finger tips...dealing with experienced bussiness people and a gorilla or 2