Thread: Groupon

Thanks

Groupon

I 'm interested in hearing what people’s thoughts or experiences are of "the words fastest growing company"....

As far as I can tell Groupon can generate a lot of footfall for the retail industry but how can it be profitable (for the retailer) with such heavy discounting.

Obviously it’s just another channel in the marketing mix of drumming up interest and would be advantages for clearing stock, but for winning new customers in the long run I'm not too sure.

Interested in your thoughts.

What groupon can get??

First, Groupon ask a high commission rate from the suppliers of the deals.

Second, the will first get the money from the customers, but they won't pay the money to cooperatior, they will keep the money for at least 30 days.With the money, in 30 days, the bank interest will be a large number of money.

Third,A way to collect customer informations, and then they can sell this kind information or themself can use this infrmation to send EDM letters. And so on.

Forth, the samples, they usually ask for free samples

Anyhow, group buying way is a good way, but this way is not equal to the suppliers now.
    If the price of your products are not competitive to most of the suppliers, you will be kicked out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Groupon overplays their hand, they'll open the door for competition.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We've gotten some brilliant deals through them. My wife an her friends monitor it daily.

Thanks
    I pressed charges today against them. They owe me 2 refunds and just ignore me. Maybe SAPS can ake them up, but I doubt it as it happened before. I did get the refund back then, but what a mission and a half and more. I should not have given them the benefit of a doubt and purchased again. HelloPeter has currently >1200 complaints and none of them do anthing as GRoupon are not a "company who responds". Really good customer policie son their website, but that is just the theory which never becomes reality.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    I pressed charges today against them
    Good on you Houses4Rent! I also got a raw deal from Groupon. They sold me 2 deals from suppliers who went out of business or discontinued the deals and I couldn't redeem my vouchers. After long and protracted telephone and email complaints they promised to refund me, and never did. I've warned all and sundry against the Groupon scam.

Thanks
    Why don't you press charges too? Or maybe you try a different route and approach the Consumer Tribunal and then we can see what works better.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.