Thread: Pastel Xpress (Start-up): Forms designer - HOW TO different font(sizes) within doc

Thanks

Pastel Xpress (Start-up): Forms designer - HOW TO different font(sizes) within doc

Good evening.

Obviously I am still new to Pastel and that "utility" called Forms Designer:

1) Is it me or is it Start-up or what is it that I cannot use different fonts(sizes) within one document, not even bold?
    I did see that I can adjust the TITLE font and the MAIN font. That's it???

2) If I save different customised templates, in my case CUSTOMER INVOICES, where can I choose which one to use?
    If not with Start-up, is it possible to associate certain templates with certain customers using Xpress or Partner?

3) PageHeader & PageFooter seem to be reasonably customisable, but I experience problems with the DETAIL (centre) section. Is it meant to be like that ("untouchable")?

Thanks and regards,

Tato

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Is it me or is it Start-up or what is it that I cannot use different fonts(sizes) within one document, not even bold?
    I did see that I can adjust the TITLE font and the MAIN font. That's it???
    You need to change the "Font Mode Setting" from Main to Individual - see screenshot below.

If I save different customised templates, in my case CUSTOMER INVOICES, where can I choose which one to use?
    If not with Start-up, is it possible to associate certain templates with certain customers using Xpress or Partner?
    The use of custom layouts is not available in Xpress, but only in Partner - see screenshot below:

PageHeader & PageFooter seem to be reasonably customisable, but I experience problems with the DETAIL (centre) section. Is it meant to be like that ("untouchable")?
    There is a certain amount of editing that one can do in the Detail section of the form. What is it that you want to change?
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    You need to change the "Font Mode Setting" from Main to Individual - see screenshot below.
    Yes, that works well (on the right hand side). I tried it above the document and somehow it didn't save the changes.

The use of custom layouts is not available in Xpress, but only in Partner - see screenshot below:
    Great! I can create custom layouts, but I am not supposed to use them (well, so I will have to rename my layouts to the original eng-file each time).

There is a certain amount of editing that one can do in the Detail section of the form. What is it that you want to change?
    Due to the nature of our business, I will never need even half the space of the DETAIL section. So I would like to use the bottom part of it to specify/highlight our banking details.
    Problems:
    a) Forms Designer seemingly lets me choose any location (from top). But when it comes to printing or saving, everything gets lined up at the top.
    b) I also cannot change the font (size etc.), even after going into INDIVIDUAL mode.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Great! I can create custom layouts, but I am not supposed to use them (well, so I will have to rename my layouts to the original eng-file each time).
    I have customised the invoice layout for a client and used it in Xpress before. I backed up this company in my Xpress and client restored this backup on their Xpress Start-up package. The customised layout worked fine on their package as well.