Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLM - Very Possibly the perfect Business

Thanks

MLM - Very Possibly the perfect Business

I have read a lot of Robert Kiyosaki's books including his latest one with Donald Trump. I was very surprised to see them both advocate MLM / Network Marketing.

I think that Robert Kiyosaki has a great way of looking at a business opportunity through this B/I Triangle diagram.

I'd love to knock things back and forth with agruments for and against as to why Network Marketing very possibly is the perfect business.

Thanks
    I recently attended a Network 21 gathering, which is advocated by Robert Kiyosaki. It all seems very nice, but the thing is you only get great return if you get people in your downline. You do make money and you sell items, as you make points on the items you sell, but the big bucks lie with people beneath you, the more they sell, the more you earn.

Thanks
    Exactly correct, the money is in the the people in your system and also the amount of goods being sold and flowing through your business.

I find it funny when I come across people who ONLY feel that Network Marketing is a "get rich quick" scheme. Most of the successful Network Marketers that I have come in contact with (In SA and the States) have only really seen the success come in 3 - 4 years.

When I first was introduced to Network Marketing I got all the horror stories from everyone as to how BAD this industry is. I decided to do my own research. I went to all the meetings, trainings, I signed up with a few and got to see the nuts and bolts.

My feelings after my personal quest were very simple. This industry IS for some people and IS NOT for others.

Unfortunately it's the "IS NOT"s that are the ones throwing the pies around and not the "IS"s.

I think that they should just go back to their TRUE pyramid scheme of working hard all day at the job they hate and having management make all the money!

Thanks
    I tend to agree that most companies are structured like a pyramid, that is why it is the guys at the top that get the money.

Network Marketing is a great way to advance, but some people are just much better at it than others, and it is true that most of those who do not succeed, are the ones meant to be at the bottom for a long time. People should start to see that working for a boss is not always going to be the best answer.

Centurion (behind the Boerewors curtain), Pretoria.
    Thanks

Cool A wish for Network 21

I believe in MLM, particularly as a solid sales network - as long as those who enter it do so after having made a solid business decision rather than an emotional one based on pitches to become a member.

One of the things that bugs me about the Network 21 is that although my hubby has been approached, been to the introduction evenings (yes, plural), been given 'info' on the products, and gone through their materials - I still haven't managed to find someone in my area that is just willing to sell me the products that I want!

I don't want any sales speeches, invites to attend any get togethers to get to 'know more about our products' or 'to learn more about the best business opportunity on the planet'. I just want to know how much the washing powder is going to cost, how long it will be for my order to be delivered, and someone who can answer my specific questions without giving me the business equivalent of a religious revival meeting sermon... (And don't try to sell me their toothpaste, especially when I have already said "no".)

I also don't have the inclination, time or contact network in my area to become a member, so don't even ask me (let alone pester me).

A few months ago I asked again for a catalogue or at least just a price list. I was sent a humumgous (many MB sized) file - still without any prices or order form!

Why must I have to run around just to get the basics of service when I can go down to my local supermarket and buy similar products (and, yes, I know some of their products are great, which is why I was interested in the first place) at SA, rather than US, prices.

The end result: Still no purchase to date!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann Williams View Post
    I still haven't managed to find someone in my area that is just willing to sell me the products that I want!
    Ditto! And for me it shows a weakness in the model. We see "business owners" who are not interested in customers, only "franchisees*". Somebody has got to be prepared to supply product to customers, and if no-one is, you have to assume the retail part of the model simply isn't viable. If there is no value in the retail add-on, wholesale purchase "savings" claims are more theory than reality.

* OK - I know that downline aren't franchisees, but that's what is going to happen when you use franchising as an analogy in your "pitch."

Thanks
    Ouch, sounds like we have all had a fwe nightmare stories. I think on a whole that due to experiences like this, SA has developed a bad taste in the mouth for MLM.

One thing I see is that there are great MLM'ers and not so great MLM'ers. and we seem to run into a few of them all the time. Maybe its because there are more not so good ones than there are good ones.

I have joined a few MLM's mostly from and interest point of view. And have had a few interesting experiences. I have felt like I have been taken for my sign up fee and my "sales volume" alone.

Recently I have joined an MLM company that has just open in SA. It's early days here so you can understand that there are a few hic-ups getting this rolling. The one thing that has impressed me is that amount of authenticity. that is displayed. I have spent the last week with my upline from the States and he has been so amazing. Everytime he talks about the business model its about "the people you have helped" rather than about "the money you have made" and it's not just a pitch.

When I was approached with this opportunity I was asked if i was interested in a new MLM company in SA. I was not asked the steriotypical "come to a meeting" question and then when you ask more they talk in circles never letting you know. Then you get there are you realize you have waisted your time coz you have already been to 5 of these presentations. Thats the authenticity that I'm talking about.

In short... The most important part about MLM is your direct up line and the team you join.

I have an awesome up line and the most amazing team and because of that I have had a great experience.

Bryan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For the record - I wasn't "burnt." No nightmares here but I'll save that story for another day.

Part of the original N21 model was "Get 10 customers." That seems to have been dropped locally. I just question why?

Because the big money is in building a downline? (The preferred explanation), or
    The retail model isn't viable.

Centurion (behind the Boerewors curtain), Pretoria.
    Thanks

MLMs the way they were

Hi Bryan

It's great to see a MLM company where integrity seems to be key.

MLMs all started off with the idea of being able to distribute product through a series of individuals working for themselves, rather than having employed sales people / shops / franchising etc.

It's a great idea in helping to spread the money around and it really is a super model for distribution... It is also good to give your people training in sales as most of them are unlikely to be professional sales representatives in their own right. Altogether I think MLM is a really good marketing model.

But I feel it started to break down when more and more emphasis was placed on the business model and what I call negative marketing (almost religious zeal, painting only the rosy picture to outright lying etc).

What a pity. Let's hope something like the company you were talking about helps to change that image in SA.

Cheers
    A

PS. Who are they and what do they do?

Thanks
    Hey Ann,

The MLM I'm involved with is Pharmanex. They are part of Nu Skin Enterprises. Check out http://www.pharmanex.com. What I was impressed with is the fact that of all the people I have spoken to they all have the Mission of being a "Force for good in the world."

Take a look at http://www.forceforgood.org.

It's great to see a group of people dedicated to one vision. I feel this is the vision that keeps out the bull dusting.

http://www.pharmanex.com/corp/pharmanews/index.shtml - This is another good read.

In short I'm VERY impressed.

This is a solid company with a solid vision. I have just read Robert Kiyosaki's book Before you quit your job (Which I read after I quit my job - Ha Ha Ha) And in there he talks about the power of a mission.

These guys are looking to be a force for good in the world and to consolidate the health and nutrition industry with their award winning "Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner"

They offered me a fresh look at the MLM industry. Not to mention that the MLM industry is one of the fastest growing industries world wide.

Bryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast