Thread: Pastel Xpress (Start-up) - How to correct SUPPLIER invoices

Thanks

Pastel Xpress (Start-up) - How to correct SUPPLIER invoices

Hi everybody.

Having changed from QB to Pastel Xpress, I created/edited my own batch import file for SUPPLIER invoices.

During editing, I forgot to type the VAT excl. amount of 1 invoice (the incl. amount was correct). Well, Pastel imported also that invoice, but showing 0 as amount(s).

Should I just register that invoice again, so the numbers (totals) add up correctly, or do I have to first "issue a credit note" (value 0 Rand) to make everybody (SARS) happy?

How would I do the latter (I think I could do it for customer invoices, but not really for supplier invoices)?

Thanks,
    Karsten

Thanks
    Hi Karsten,

I think it would be best to follow the second option, i.e. process a "Return Debit" document with the same details as your incorrect Supplier Invoice, in order to reverse the Supplier Invoice, and then process a fresh Supplier Invoice correctly.

You will find Return Debit documents under the Supplier Documents icon.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Hi Karsten,
    I think it would be best to follow the second option, i.e. process a "Return Debit" document with the same details as your incorrect Supplier Invoice, in order to reverse the Supplier Invoice, and then process a fresh Supplier Invoice correctly.
    You will find Return Debit documents under the Supplier Documents icon.
    And what would you do, if the wrong registration (amount=0) was in the last financial year and you have already done your VAT return, manually adding the missing amount(s)?

a) Would you be able to edit the respective database file(s)? Or is it too complex/expensive because of different files being interdependent?

b) Would you do a new installation of Pastel Xpress, first exporting all necessary files, then editing that one file with the wrong amount, before importing everything into the new installation?
    ... By the way, would that be the method to move a Pastel installation from one PC to another? Or is there an easier way?

c) Or would you just register the invoice again (correct amount), with the consequence that you would have to manually subtract the amount from the next VAT- and INCOME TAX-returns?

Sorry for so many questions, a short answer is fine.

Karsten

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    And what would you do, if the wrong registration (amount=0) was in the last financial year and you have already done your VAT return, manually adding the missing amount(s)?
    That is a problem, because you cannot process documents into a prior financial year (although you can process journals into the prior year).

Would you be able to edit the respective database file(s)? Or is it too complex/expensive because of different files being interdependent?
    That is a possibility, and I have the software to do that. There are a few dependencies involved, but I'm fairly familiar with them, so that should not pose a problem for me. Let me know if you would like me to help you with that. I can log onto your system remotely via TeamViewer.

Would you do a new installation of Pastel Xpress, first exporting all necessary files, then editing that one file with the wrong amount, before importing everything into the new installation?
    Not necessary to do all of that - with my software, I can edit the specific fields directly - call it "key-hole surgery" if you will!

... By the way, would that be the method to move a Pastel installation from one PC to another? Or is there an easier way?
    When you say "move a Pastel installation", do you mean moving the database only, or the Pastel application as well? If it's only the database that you want to move, then it's simply a case of copying the company folder, which currently resides in your C:\Xpress11 folder, to the XpressV11 folder on the other PC. If it involves moving the Pastel application as well, then you would need to install Pastel onto the other PC, and then copy the company folder across.

Or would you just register the invoice again (correct amount), with the consequence that you would have to manually subtract the amount from the next VAT- and INCOME TAX-returns?
    That might be the most simple/practical option, although not the most accurate option, strictly-speaking.

Thanks
    Hi, I'm still very new and not sure if I am posting to the correct place now. I have a similar question. I processed a supplier invoice with VAT, but it should have been without VAT. How do I reverse this item so that the VAT portion are also removed form my TAX report?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loma View Post
    Hi, I'm still very new and not sure if I am posting to the correct place now. I have a similar question. I processed a supplier invoice with VAT, but it should have been without VAT. How do I reverse this item so that the VAT portion are also removed form my TAX report?
    Follow my instructions in Post #2 above.