Thread: 3 phase unit standards??

Thanks

3 phase unit standards??

hi.guys am.from namibia, my point is, can any one pls give me more info, wre i can obtain, 3 phase unit standards, books, nd question papers, cos hre in my country, no one got acces 3 phase units standards info, and wre can i write or register for an exam, thnx inadvance

Thanks
    Hi don't even bother about doing your 3 Phase unit standards course here in SA. I did mine in January and have not received my letter of completion yet. I have tried phoning the ESETA and they don't pick up their phones. I have now contacted my local government and newspaper to take further action on my behalf. Basically don't bother coming to SA it's a joke!! Rather stay in Namibia you're better off there.

Thanks
    Hmm...sad but true i think...

Thanks
    Jees! Man, here in namibia, they are implimenting a system were one, mus have a wireman licence, plus a 3
    3phase, unit standard, qualification, but, fortunetly i have, a wireman licence, ,can u guys, pls help me with notes, of, 3phace unit standards, or were i can download it, i wud apriciate for yo effort, thnx

Thanks
    Same system in place here in SA PES.
    Here you need to find a college to teach you how to test properly. I have so far, found only one college, and they want R7500 to do the course! You can also go with a registered electrician and he can supervise while you test 4 installations, 2 of which have to be 3ph installs. He then writes you a letter stating he is happy that you know what you are doing, and then you book yourself into a college for an assessment, where they give you both installs to test and then evaluate you to see if you know what is going on. If you get the green light, then you send that recommendation to the relevant people and start the process of becoming a registered person yourself!
    I need to pass my regs exams in a few weeks time first, then will look into this further though.
    Am not aware of anywhere on the internet that you can find exact process of testing an entire single and 3ph installation according to how you will be assessed?!
    If you find it, lemme know, cos this could save a lot of money!
    Cheers

6. Thanks given for this post:

Silver Member
    Thanks
    http://www.wcaeia.co.za/

Guy who runs it get things done, my paper saying i had completed the units standards was with me in about a week. I just paid the money and got it done. This was the only place who didn't mess around. Recommended.

Thanks
    Yes, I have their number already. Based in Cape Town. I will be calling once i'm thru my Regs exams...

Thanks
    I just want to point out that if ANYONE wants any info about the way things are done at the EWSETA let me know. I have found that if you go through the ECA it's a huge mess. In the end to get my EWSETA Letter I had to threten them with legal action and going to the newspapers...after which I was presented with my letter the same day! What a joke!
    Heres an idea...just do your job like you were hired to do and everything will run smoothly!

Thanks
    Hi guys . I am new to the forum . I also completed the installation rules papers , only to find out eseta also wants the unit standards . In the gauteng/mpumalanga regions who gives this courses at reasonable price ... Pandtechology gives it around 7k ... Is there any other institute except the ECA .

Thanks
    Hey I.Sparks,
    Apparently the WCAEIA charge around R3k for the same thing! Problem is it is in Cape Town...possible a bit too far for you, but at that kind of a saving, it might just be worth it!
    I am in the same boat as you. Rules & Regs written and now next step is unit standards.
    If you find anywhere else that will do them, let me know, as i am also struggling to find more places to do these! Not much info online?!!
    Oh, and i read the other day in the newspaper that the ECBSA are no longer in charge of registering new electricians....this is now government run!!
    God help us all!
    Peace out