Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: military veterans pension email

Suspended
    Thanks
    Ja I am also very wary . Why would there be a "deadline" - surely if we were due some payment you are due it ! And it would be publicised.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i also decided to go down and find out more...to find a que...4 hours long...sorry mate i dont do ques so i went to the front of the que and started asking questions...nobody is quite sure what is actually go on...even at the gate where i went to ask questions.

so i decided to go to another military base...were there was no que...and as i suspected...not even personel at the sandf know what is actually going on...they informed me that is it has nothing to do with the sandf hence the reason for only one base doing it...all they are doing is verifying that you are registered on the database ...the R10000 rumours which is going around was just to get everyone to go down and register...boy is it working...by the ques i saw this morning.

apparently it might pay off in about 25 years time once they have finalised the court case which is in progress...it apparently has to do with MK veterans getting paid out...it is unconstitutional that they get paid out and we dont...so like the firearms kak that got everyone to hand in their firearms which also worked because 90 % of the people i know handed in their firearms...it a pending court case which could go on for many years to come.

another thing to consider surely if this was for real they would have made a public notice and indicated were to register etc.

facts

the document on the internet is a fraudulant document and and cannot be used
    you cannot fill in any document and send it via email fax etc
    there is no fee you have to pay for giving away this information
    this has nothing to do with the sandf...it is a veterans association pension scheme and have to report to a location where the association is carrying out the registration in person
    it is merly to verify that you are registered on the system...much like fica
    there is no payout...it is purely to verify that you are registered on their database
    the deadline has been moved to 16 july 2012 for you to register if you want to.

the way i see it...it just another rumour floating around and it could be a means of mobilising the troops if they are required for active duty in the near future

99 % of the people i asked while walking to the front of the que indicated that they had heard "today" was the cuttoff and if they didnt register by today would loose out on the payout and only heard about it this morning.

Thanks
    If you are going to register why not just do it on line in the link provided by murdock? I went to Military Base 84 at 184 Old Fort Road in Durban today and there where hundreds of people queuing to register? If it was a scam the military base would not be registering the people?

Suspended
    Thanks
    If you are going to register why not just do it on line in the link provided by murdock? I went to Military Base 84 at 184 Old Fort Road in Durban today and there where hundreds of people queuing to register? If it was a scam the military base would not be registering the people?

Because I think we are a bit scared of giving out personal details.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Munstermann View Post
    you cannot register online...you have to do it in person.
    the document in the link is not valid.
    how long did you wait in the que?
    did anyone there actually know what was going on and why you were registering...in other words did they give you some form of documentation or proof that you registered and why you were registering?

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    It smacks of just being a political pawn to "assist" battling ex-struggle vets and pacify their discontent with being ignored for their personal sacrifices.
    There is vey little chance that previously advantaged population groups will benefit in any way me thinks. I aint going to waste any precious time waiting in line to register for this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe they are measuring the opposition, so that they know what they are up against when the sh!t starts hitting the fan.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Updating the data base...
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Apparantly this was on the radio yesterday and is above board, but they do a means test - so it is for those vets that dont have jobs etc and were injured etc

Thanks
    An update - how to register: You only need your ID and Address, they don't even ask for your name & surname at first:

Here is how you can register as a Military Veteran:
    Website In your Internet browser type in: http://www.militaryveterans.co.za On the home page is a register banner where you need to enter your Province, First Name, Surname, ID Number, Mobile Number and Combat Name (optional)
    Mobi site On your mobile phone browser type in: http://milvet.qkey.co.za 1. You will see a register banner where you need to enter your Province, First Name, Surname, ID Number, Mobile Number and Combat Name (optional)
    2. When you are already registered you will and you return here you will have the option to register your comrades
    SMS Keyword: DMV SMS the key word DMV to 40939
    You will receive an SMS helping you complete your registration
    You will be requested to enter your details as follows:
    Province First Name Surname ID Number Mobile Number *Combat Name
    Your combat name must have a * in front of it
    Voice Call Dial: 0873 101010 On your phone dial:
    0873 101010
    and when the voice prompt asks you for your “Q” number, type in:
    and follow the voice prompts
    Facebook In your Internet browser type in: http://www.facebook.com/VeteransSA On the Welcome screen is a register banner where you need to enter your Province, First Name, Surname, ID Number, Mobile Number and Combat Name (optional)
    Twitter In your Internet browser type in: http://twitter.com/#!/VeteransSA You can follow the Department Military Veterans tweets on a regular basis and find the necessary links to channel above where you can register
    Last edited by Dave A; 01-Jul-12 at 08:56 AM. Reason: fixed links
    always fear when Christel is near....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast