Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keys words and websites and Google

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    It is strange that when it comes to search most of us only count google. And I thought I would do a search using bing(Because It's Not Google), and the pastel help does not bring up the forum. The way people explain SEO seems to mostly relate to google. I know google is God but wondered what one has to do to SEO for BING.
    Bing has the same SEO concept as Google, excluding a few minor things. The fact is Google gets much more traffic and searchers. Title tags, descriptions, quality content, backlinks. It all uses very similar ranking factors as Google does.

2. Thanks given for this post:

vieome (13-Jul-12)

Thanks
    It is strange that when it comes to search most of us only count google. And I thought I would do a search using bing(Because It's Not Google), and the pastel help does not bring up the forum. The way people explain SEO seems to mostly relate to google. I know google is God but wondered what one has to do to SEO for BING.
    It is actually purely up to the person searching the web on what Search Engine they use.

There are thousands and thousands of search engines. Most are niche specific. Then there are a few 100 that use auto robots like google, bing etc

The real big ones was Google, MSN, Yahoo and Ask. MSN and Yahoo joined forces.

MSN then released a new search technology and changed their search engine to Bing. Yahoo then partnered with MSN (Microsoft) and also use the Bing search engine. They partnered to give google a stronger opposition.

The main point here is that Google have just under 70% of the total search engine market share. Yahoo and MSN together now as Bing have around 20%. The rest of the other search engines share the other 10-15%

So to answer your question, google is the search engine that everyone want their sites listed with as it receive the most visitors. The only real strong point that Bing have is they category and suggestion search.
    Last edited by dfsa; 06-Jul-12 at 05:12 PM. Reason: add

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is strange that when it comes to search most of us only count google. And I thought I would do a search using bing(Because It's Not Google), and the pastel help does not bring up the forum.
    Which kinda explains the problem with Bing (more shortly).

Quote Originally Posted by dfsa View Post
    It is actually purely up to the person searching the web on what Search Engine they use.

The main point here is that Google have just under 70% of the total search engine market share. Yahoo and MSN together now as Bing have around 20%. The rest of the other search engines share the other 10-15%
    And I'd suggest the only reason Bing even has 20% is because it's the search default option for IE. It's not a particularly self-intelligent search engine algorithm and it doesn't do "relevance" nearly as well as the Google algo.

I gave up trying to SEO for Yahoo! search, MS search and then Bing years ago - it takes too much off-site manual link building effort in a specific set of directories...

When I hit a brick wall at DMOZ, I just wrote off the whole lot of them as a joke. They'd either wake up eventually and change their ways, or die a natural (and well deserved) death.

Thanks
    Hi Dave and everyone else has been a while since I have been on TFSA. Just been so busy, and not really spent much time online recently.

While on the Pastel subject, does Neville have any programming experience as I visited his website quickly and saw he offered customized reports. The reason I ask, is because i am wanting to write an application in MS Access (VBA) or VB.net that can query and write data directly to the Pastel Pervasive database. I am wanting to use the ODBC connector for Pervasive, but am just wondering if someone on TFSA has any experience with writing data directly ( by directly i mean not using Pastel's SDK ) to the Pervasive database of Pastel.

Thanx

Suspended
    Thanks
    bjsteyn...so who pays for the calls that people make to your customers land lines?

Thanks
    As a 'technodactil' and someone who knows dangerously little about SEO etc.

Is it not all the other content and links on TFSA besides 'Pastel' that puts it in good stead with Google?

If TFSA is ranked in a number of other fields with plenty of links, surely that will consolidate it in the pastel field instead of a pastel only website? I would have thought Pastel themselves would be way number one? or what?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Hi Murdock, it is paid via Paytel . It costs R360 once off, then the Paytel number is yours forever. You can login into your Paytel back-office and see what you have earn t. Once you sign up you will be given an 0839 number, which when called is directed to your Telkom land-line number. 50c on MTN numbers, 25c on Vodacom and 25c Telkom per minute on incoming calls. Paytel says it is 32c on average, so if you are receiving a 50 minutes of incoming calls each day ( over 21 business days) that could mean an extra R335 per month for your business (or R4020 per year ). Not gonna get rich quick with it, but your business could have made and extra R20000 over 5 years in this scenario.

You can read more here on TFSA >> Paytel Business Number

Thanks
    I've just stumbled across this thread, not realising that people have been talking behind my back!

Seriously though, my marketing philosophy has been in line with the quotation below my signature, i.e. to add value without any expectation of immediate direct business, but rather to build credibility and promote my "brand". In other words, sow now to reap later.

Yes, TFSA has become a great reference for me, but my Google-friendly website (thanks to Peter Carruthers' Marketing Motor system) is constantly listed on page 1 of Google, under the sponsored links section. I get an average of one lead a day, directly from my site, from all over the country, apart from the business that flows to me as a result of my TFSA presence.

Like most members on TFSA, I get irritated by pushy, "in your face" marketing tactics - I much prefer the slow, but sure, relationship and credibility building approach by helping others to a degree for no charge.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

10. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (08-Jul-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Try to add "pastel help forum ",if you want to see something related to pastel in the forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12