Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alarm System vs. Offsite CCTV Monitoring

Suspended
    Thanks
    after hours CCTV is not the answer.
    Not sure how you can say this !! Most companies want cctv to record goings on all hours of the day - there are many applications for cctv that IS the answer !
    Electric fencing is also the answer. CCTV is a secondary, with a large enough hardrive to record movements. Videofied only gives you a 10 sec recording ............ If an alarm goes off and alerts a reaction company - they have to react !

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    Not sure how you can say this !! Most companies want cctv to record goings on all hours of the day - there are many applications for cctv that IS the answer !
    Electric fencing is also the answer. CCTV is a secondary, with a large enough hardrive to record movements. Videofied only gives you a 10 sec recording ............ If an alarm goes off and alerts a reaction company - they have to react !
    I'm not the expert on this but from stats I found that Videofied made more arrests this month than what ADT made in the past 10 years. All because of the 10 seconds verification. All alarm companies sits with the same problem. False alarms, in fact a study was done and 99.9% of all alarm signals in are false. To take that into perspective, let's say a larger company gets 5000 signals a day, they only have to respond to 1. The rest is money down the drain and taking priority response away from the people who needs it.

Electric fence, come on, what a joke. In fact CCTV is a bigger joke. I agree CCTV has its place. If you want to investigate an incidents after it happened you can use it. But what if they stole your DVR or they wear masks. Then CCTV means nothing. It is more important to have a response company get notified with video verification immediately as the crime is happening. Off site CCTV monitoring is not cheap. Video is as effective if not better at a fraction of the costs.

Let me ask this. If CCTV and electric fence worked in this country, don't you think this would have been the safest country in the world. I gave Videofied a go and you know what it actually works.

Suspended
    Thanks
    You work fo videofied poetang? Because You slate electric fencing and cctv as if you have more experience than just a customer that has installed videofed. I have been installing electruc fencing for over 14 years and have positive proof that it works if installed correctly.

Email problem
    Thanks
    You work fo videofied poetang? Because You slate electric fencing and cctv as if you have more experience than just a customer that has installed videofed. I have been installing electruc fencing for over 14 years and have positive proof that it works if installed correctly.
    Like I said CCTV has its place. Especially for people who wants to do surveillance. And then the system is only as good as the R2500 p/m guard you employ to monitor it. But people selling CCTV just to make a quick buck is a disgrace to the industry. 90% of the time it is not the solution someone needs.

I will not comment on electric fence but I wish you all the best in your business and hope you make a difference with your security solutions. At the end of the day that is what is needed in this country and not security people trying to make money without thinking of the people's life's that are at stake.

Don't work for Videofied but have a close friend that does. You should really relook at making this part of your solution to your customers.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Wow Poentang - you come onto this forum insulting people. ................. now people are a"disgrace" ................. !!!!!!! just because they install cctv for a "quick buck " ................ and need a security guard. ........... clearly you dont know too much about it and have been brainwashed by your " friend"!!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Wow Poentang - you come onto this forum insulting people. ................. now people are a"disgrace" ................. !!!!!!! just because they install cctv for a "quick buck " ................ and need a security guard. ........... clearly you dont know too much about it and have been brainwashed by your " friend"!!
    You are right. I know nothing as i am in the IT business. I will leave security to you guys.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Great stuff you do that - I mean I have only been in this business for 14 years!

Thanks
    HAS to be an inside job. Just too many things were by-passed; on site security guard, armed response, electric fencing, alarm not going off, on-site sec guard with a route tag knew nothing about it, footage from hard drives deleted. Shouldn't be too difficult to nail the buggers with all those clues....

Thanks
    Kev, I have CCTV, electric fencing, real time monitoring, 2 large dogs, IR beams, 6 X 500W halogen lights which are switched on when I need them, razor spikes, razor fencing, motorised gate, intercom, besides a 9MM Parabellum, insurance and armed response. Others have had break-ins, and various incidents. In the 23 years I have been living in my house, only once some clot tried to get me to open my gate (3 weeks ago he came at 11:45PM frantically saying his wife was in labour and he's from 'across the road' and I must urgently help him) I saw from the camera what he looked like and politely said that I can't help him. Later found out he'd tried 2 other neighbours the next evening. So yes, I totally agree with you, CCTV and electric fencing are the way to go. Poentang, your'e a new member. Welcome buddy. So am I. But if you want to make (and keep) friends on this forum, choose your words carefully in future.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I think the offsite CCTV Monitoring is cost effective when you compare it with the benefits.And you don't to hire more security staff to control the security devices.But its best for the organization that don't have more budget to spend on their security system.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast