Thread: Junk and funny warning issues

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Junk and funny warning issues

If TFSA's emails are being delivered to your junk mail folder, or you're getting any warnings either from emails or while browsing the site, could you please post some information on it in this thread.

Unfortunately this sort of message, although interesting, doesn't really help much:

One thing, I think worth mentioning is that all mails received from Forum SA are being flagged by my system as being possibly malicious....
    Obviously the more details, the more it helps me dig into the issue. Screenshots, the actual content of the warning, the system reporting the warning or error...

Actually, it might also help if you post that you're not having any problems - if that applies.

I have measures in place to monitor this sort of thing and they haven't flagged any issues - but anything seems possible on the web. So I'd like to make sure. After all, I can't really fix issues when I'm not aware of them.

Thanks
    My check....

My private server - No issues (SpamAssassin shows minimum flags and usually due to odd words in post itself, but not normally higher than 1)

GMail flagged and showed the following message:
    Be careful with this message. The sender's account may be compromised, so this message could be a scam to steal personal information.
    Ignore, I trust this message Learn more
    Learn more just showed usual speil about phishing so not sure what exactly they are complaining about.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looking at your email in the TFSA system, I see it's not set up as your gmail account.

So to read it via gmail you're either having gmail collect the mail, or your email account per TFSA is forwarding it to your gmail account. (I'm interested in which way you're doing it BTW).

What might be causing the warning is TFSA has a very strict SPF record which says that only email from our mail server can be trusted as being from us, and relay sending is denied.

Could you try changing your email address in TFSA to your gmail email addy and see if the problem persists?

Thanks
    Did that and then realised that I had already clicked on the Ignore I trust this message link above on both screens, so wouldn't see either way <*Facepalm*>.

I use a auto forward to one address and an autocollect on another. The forward sends all from my server to GMail (my type of cheap archiving) and then the other is used by my phone with an autocollect direct to my server based on filters.

Anyway, GMail didn't block the message at all, it just put that message at the top like a info box.

Will try via some of the other GMail accounts I have and see if I can replicate (tomorrow).

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (07-Jun-12)

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.