Thread: Pastel Iron Tree v Drop Box

Email problem
    Thanks

Pastel Iron Tree v Drop Box

Morning all

I am currently using Drop Box to store all my data. I was wondering if anyone had an experience with Pastel Iron tree v Dropbox. The big benefit of Drop box being that it is free. But is it safe. I would like to hear from any of you that have experience with them both and which you would recommend.

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi,

I also use Dropbox and IronTree, but for different reasons.

Dropbox is fantastic from a file-sharing, collaboration point of view, and it can serve as a backup facility, but it is not ideally suited for that.

At the outset, let me admit that I am biased towards IronTree, as I am a dealer, so take my views in that context!

The advantages of IronTree over Dropbox, from a backup point of view, include the following:

• IronTree can be scheduled to run automatically, at whatever intervals you define.
    • IronTree maintains a 90-day rolling history of your backups.
    • IronTree backs up incrementally, at a byte (not file) level. This is critical, especially in cases such as your Outlook pst file. The pst file changes constantly, but IronTree will only backup the portion of the pst file that has changed, even though it is one file.
    • IronTree will backup files that are in use, using shadow-copying technology.
    • IronTree uses 128-bit encryption security.
    • IronTree compresses all your data before backing it up.
    • IronTree's monthly costs have dropped dramatically - it used to cost R100 plus VAT for 256 MB of data, and now it costs R100 plus VAT for 2 GB of data.

If you want to test IronTree on a 2-week trial period, sign up by clicking here. (Dave A, this is an affiliate link, so please rap me over the knuckles if I have transgressed!)
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Imp, if trying to decide between those two options then go the IronTree route if you can afford it. Although not mentioned by Neville, being an SA company means that your access to them is easier for support/queries and that they can write your data to/from DVD's and courier, which is a big thumbs up, and then you have the items mentioned by Neville.

Keep in mind that IronTree uses a daily backup strategy as standard, so if using a capped internet account and modifying a lot of data daily, then keep an eye on the bandwidth it's using, even an incrimental backup, compressed, can climb high if a lot is changing on a regular basis, email account files are the worst culprits if you get a lot of attachments.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. Looks like IronTree is the way forward. I will look into it next week.

Platinum Member
    Thanks