Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game special

Suspended
    Thanks

Game special

i purchased a TV from game a couple of months ago...what a pleasure...32" full HD led...compared to my old 1983 model telefunken 74 cm...woooow.

get the pop corn out...to watch my favourite movie...unfrotunately an hour later the tv switches off...man now my blood starts boiling...a couple of months...every time i am sitting watching tv for longer than an hour click it goes off...so you know the saying if all else fails read the instruction manual...so i get out and check the sleep timers is off and everything else is set correctly...we get to a really exciting part of the movie...chewing on my nails glued to the tv and click it goes off...thats it...i swore words that i have never heard before...and boy was game gona collect...so i tell my wife to call them and make arrangement to replace it...she calls them and you wont beleive it but the sales person at game tells her to bring it back and they will send it in to get it repaired....eeeeeeiiiiish...she handed me the phone..."now is not agood time for me to speak to them"...took a couple deep breathes and i called game...asked to speak to the store manager...then asked him to explain the return/refund/repair policy to me...which he did...told me they would replace it...hakuna matata (yes i sit and watch lion king over and over with my daughter)...but would just go check they had stock...to save me the trip if they didnt...10 minutes later he called me back and asked if i would speak to one to one of the sale people again...who would assist me to identify that i had the setup correct...smart ass that i am i just thought yeah right...i have already tried everything...but would be willing to listen...went to setting and right at the bttom there is an "auto sleep"...and yes it was set "on"...so i set it to off and bingo tv been working for a couple of days...without switching off.

so if you have a telefunken tv...apaprently...auto sleep is the default setting...so best you check it before you go making noise at game...ooops
    Last edited by murdock; 07-Jun-12 at 06:45 AM.

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (07-Jun-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have never ever ever had bad service from Game. Game is A Ok. On the other hand, I have never ever ever had good service from Hi Fi Corp. I am so weary of HiFi Corp that I wouldn't even take an appliance from them for free - it is liable to explode and take my great Game TV with it.

I honestly give HiFi Corp my all time crap company award.

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (07-Jun-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    - it is liable to explode and take my great Game TV with it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Indeed HiFi Corp is a load of smouldering poo... That said they will "eventually" help you at the speed of continental drift… It took them about 2 months to figure out the microwave was broken…
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I will never buy anything from HiFi Corporation again. I will rather buy from Game at a higher price because I know that I will get good service if something does go wrong.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Murdock, you also doze off in front of the TV? That's why they set it on auto sleep. Save electricity...
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

9. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (07-Jun-12)

Thanks
    For the guys in the Cape Town area - if you are looking for great service and prices for appliances and are paying cash, give Burgers Furnishers in Nobel Park Centre Bellville a call.
    They are always a few hundred rand less than anywhere else.

You don't even have to leave the comfort of your home or office - generally when I know what I want, I call, they quote me the price - I accept - they send me an invoice - I pay via EFT, fax the proof and they deliver the next day. Recently we replaced our dishwasher because it was fubar and they even took the old one away for me.
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    so if you have a telefunken tv...apaprently...auto sleep is the default setting...so best you check it before you go making noise at game...ooops
    This goes for Samsung as well !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Why pay more at Game?

Go there, show them the HiFi Corp advert for the item you wish to buy, and they will beat the price (by onlt R1.00 - but - hey - you are getting the goods you want from a decent dealer)!

Gave categorically advertise that they will beat the price of the identical product elswhere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    Go there, show them the HiFi Corp advert for the item you wish to buy, and they will beat the price (by onlt R1.00 - but - hey - you are getting the goods you want from a decent dealer)!
    They actually beat the price by 10% of the difference between the two, as far as I recall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast