Thread: Game special

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

Game special

i purchased a TV from game a couple of months ago...what a pleasure...32" full HD led...compared to my old 1983 model telefunken 74 cm...woooow.

get the pop corn out...to watch my favourite movie...unfrotunately an hour later the tv switches off...man now my blood starts boiling...a couple of months...every time i am sitting watching tv for longer than an hour click it goes off...so you know the saying if all else fails read the instruction manual...so i get out and check the sleep timers is off and everything else is set correctly...we get to a really exciting part of the movie...chewing on my nails glued to the tv and click it goes off...thats it...i swore words that i have never heard before...and boy was game gona collect...so i tell my wife to call them and make arrangement to replace it...she calls them and you wont beleive it but the sales person at game tells her to bring it back and they will send it in to get it repaired....eeeeeeiiiiish...she handed me the phone..."now is not agood time for me to speak to them"...took a couple deep breathes and i called game...asked to speak to the store manager...then asked him to explain the return/refund/repair policy to me...which he did...told me they would replace it...hakuna matata (yes i sit and watch lion king over and over with my daughter)...but would just go check they had stock...to save me the trip if they didnt...10 minutes later he called me back and asked if i would speak to one to one of the sale people again...who would assist me to identify that i had the setup correct...smart ass that i am i just thought yeah right...i have already tried everything...but would be willing to listen...went to setting and right at the bttom there is an "auto sleep"...and yes it was set "on"...so i set it to off and bingo tv been working for a couple of days...without switching off.

so if you have a telefunken tv...apaprently...auto sleep is the default setting...so best you check it before you go making noise at game...ooops
    Last edited by murdock; 07-Jun-12 at 06:45 AM.

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (07-Jun-12)