Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Removing iron from borehole water

Thanks
    PM sent with my email address.

kind regards

Thanks
    Hi guys.

Here are some photos of a static filter system to remove iron from borehole water that I saw the other day. A very nice looking setup costing the client over R60 000.00.Apparently they are going to add on two more birm filters at R 18 000.00 each ......yo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20171128-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	6987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20171128-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	6988
    Does not look like the iron is out at all.

With our Mini Water Treatment Plant the quality of the water looks like this.

Name:	20171130_115249.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	6989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171201_191805.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	6990

At half the price !!!!!

These static filter systems are a ripoff.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Theo,I would like some more info with regards to your system as well also with regards to the qty's of the chemicals used comparative to water and where one can buy these as i would like to connect my well point to my house.I have been successful in removing the iron with an in line chlorine system (Klorman) that works very well(water goes through this to a settling tank).However as i am not comfortable with the chlorine as a total defense against bacteria etc i have not as yet connected to my house.Your information and advise will be greatly appreciated as all the water companies is using the drought to milk us dry for stupid amounts of money.

Thanks
    Jako

The removing of iron with an inline chlorine system will work but...... pumping it over into a settling tank and then wait for the bus to come takes ages. Use mineral soft Granular HTH chlorine. Ad a sand filter which takes the debris and iron out. With this filter you can backwash the iron out. This takes 2 - 4 hours for clean water.

Chlorine as a total Defense
    Chlorine is used in 98% of water treatment plants right over the world. Chlorine is your best disinfectant and the key to germ destruction. It kills 99% viruses, bacteria such as salmonella, e-coli, and microbial waterborne pathogens including those that can cause typhoid fever, dysentery, cholera and legionnaires disease. I can go on and on...........

In our system we take chlorine and chloramines out completely. Again this is an instant process.

You can follow any system but with our concept it takes two to three hours from the ground to the tap. ( no holding periods or settling tanks)

You are welcome to E-mail me for more information ( theoventer@hotmail.com)

Regards

Theo

Thanks
    Hi Andries awesome post.

where do you source the HypoChlor ?

Going to go the same route.

regards
    Andre

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andrenel View Post
    Hi Andries awesome post.

where do you source the HypoChlor ?

Going to go the same route.

regards
    Andre
    Hi Andre,

I don’t think Andries (in the YouTube video) is on this Forum.

You can buy HypoChlor at various Supermarkets (swimming pool section).

I found some @ Checkers - about R99-00 each.

Regards

Abdul

Thanks
    Hello Theo

Just want to thank you again for all the help you gave on setting up my water treatment plant. System works great with first lab result confirming that there is zero E-Coli and Coliforms in my treated borehole water with the chemicals you suggested. I am still waiting for my other lab test from Bemlab wrt heavy metals and other metals in solution but with my TDS below 500 I am 98% sure it will be safe for human consumption. Find attached some pics of my installation. All told it cost me a tad over R33K but one could get away with smaller tanks and no Big Blue element filters( I just added the Big Blue as insurance). The installation itself is not very complicated and if one is handy you should have no trouble with the DIY option, I just refuse to pay someone R10-15K to do something I can do.

Name:	20180125_071035_resized.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	7004

Name:	20180125_071242_resized.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	7005

Name:	20180125_071134_resized.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	7006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180125_071102_resized.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	7007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180125_071056_resized.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	7008

Name:	FB_IMG_1516867301292.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	7009

Thanks
    sorry I forgot to mention that I also installed a 85W UV tank lamp on the 2nd tank(5000 ltr secondary treatment/holding tank). I also have a venturi in my 2500 ltr tank which operates as I am filling the tank thus aerating the borehole water to help oxidise the iron in solution. Also I have a little(800 ltr per min) fishtank airpump which I will be installing into my 2nd 5000 ltr tank(primary holding tank connected to point of use). To avoid contamination of municipal water I have fitted 2 x non return valves and there are x3 stopcocks in line to seperate my treated borehole water to that of the municipality. In fact my pH is much better than municipal water.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    sorry I forgot to mention that I also installed a 85W UV tank lamp on the 2nd tank(5000 ltr secondary treatment/holding tank). I also have a venturi in my 2500 ltr tank which operates as I am filling the tank thus aerating the borehole water to help oxidise the iron in solution. Also I have a little(800 ltr per min) fishtank airpump which I will be installing into my 2nd 5000 ltr tank(primary holding tank connected to point of use). To avoid contamination of municipal water I have fitted 2 x non return valves and there are x3 stopcocks in line to seperate my treated borehole water to that of the municipality. In fact my pH is much better than municipal water.
    Great job Craig. Can you please post a pic of the venturi. Do you mind sharing where you bought the it?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.