Hi,

I'm looking for a, preferably Open Source, web based project management application which has recurring tasks.

Let me explain:

Our staff need to run a lot of repeating tasks on client's websites on a monthly basis but it's a pain in the neck to try and do this with a spreadsheet, or even SugarCRM. One of the guys would be working on a specific client's project for a few months, and then when he's sick someone else needs to take over - but sometimes some of the tasks he performed get neglected.

SugarCRM's project management is, well, fairly basic. We can capture all the projects and currently list all the repeating tasks on the calendar, but that "interferes" with actual schedules (meetings, for example) and overflows the calendar to a point where some days just have too much data to quickly scan and process.

It would also be nice if a tech could automatically be sent an email when a task comes up to be performed, and the client gets an email once the task has been completed.

It's also very handy to attach documents (word docs, website templates files, images, etc) to projects for later retrieval - i.e. one tech does a job for a client now, but isn't with us anymore in a few years time and someone else needs to pickup where he left off.

Any suggestion welcome.