Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some clarity. My wife started for a company in November 2011 (3 months probation). After 3 months they told her she has potential, but isn't quite up to scratch and they extended her contract (nothing signed though and no documentation regarding training). She went for training and they extended her probation again and transferred her (still nothing signed).

The client my wife was working for was very difficult and since my wife has been transferred they are still a problem client. She has a colleague who is also a manager at the branch she is working at and they too sometimes are difficult. They called my wife in and told her they can transfer her again to another branch and demote her and give her a salary decrease or she can leave. Is this fair? Can we claim that the training they gave her was insufficient (about 3 weeks worth of on the job training)? Can they claim unsatisfactory work performance if other managers (people who've been there for years) perform pretty much the same? Do they have a leg to stand on if they have not got any signed documentation from my wife that they have warned and given her a chance to rectify?

Thanks,

Craig