Good day to all
I am new to the forum and don't know if Im in the right section.
About a year ago I inherited a block of flats. The attorney that conveyd the transfer orginised a coc for each flat (4).
I have had enless electrical problems and complaints from tenants. I have paid so many electricians so much money already.
I have even gone as far as contacting the GEIA, but no luck. The origanal electrician who signed of the the COCs is not willing to take responsibility.
To make a very long story short, I need to know if anyone can help me with information regarding the Sans regulations.
I have downloaded bits and peices of it, but it's mosly ammenments and is greek to me. I need a complete copy, where can i buy a copy or download it. My aim is to educate myself in order to take on the fraudster electrician.
The building is only 3 years old, the specific regulations I am after are single phase installation:
The db boards are to small, everthing is cramped inside, some of the CB terminals and N busbars are not easily accesable.
The dbs are not properly labled, some cbs have 3 cicuits joined to them.
Some 2.5 mm cables are conected to 32a and 40a breakers.( I would imagine 25a would be the max alloud)
220v downlights have been wired from light to light so exept for the last one in the circuit they all have 2 cables, so none of the downlights covers have been fitted, is this ok?, or is it considerd as open conection.
The solar geyers have lead acid batteries just lieing on the ceiling insulation(I asume the bateries are for the geyser control panels)
should these batteries not be in enclosures?
Termination boxes have no lids and strip conectors have been used to join cables, is this acceptable?

So these are mostly the irregularities I have been told about by all the electricians.
Any advise or links would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Monika.