Dear Members

Please offer some advice on the following:

An organisation which I created, serves to generate content for firms and companies. One of my associates within my organisation has approached my main client who we are currently providing content to (a client which I initially introduced into the business) in a underhanded manner and has ask my client if she could continue generating copy/content for the remainder of the ongoing project – but only this time, in her personal capacity and not as part of my organisation.

I have recently discovered that she has subsequently been awarded a contract to continue generating copy in her private capacity on behalf of my client. I uncovered this dishonesty in one of her emails as I own the domain and hosting facilities.

My first question is: am I entitled to read company/staff/partners emails?

Secondly: I am not at all please to find that this has effectively exclude my organisation and myself from generating further content for the ongoing original project and the client has chosen instead to continue with the second phase of this project in an underhanded and deceptive manner by using a person within my organisation, without my knowledge and who I initially introduced to the project.

I have been working with this client for years and only have verbal agreements in place.

What recourse do I have?

I thank you in advance for your anticipated words of wisdom.