Hi all,

It's been a while since I last visited you all. As per usual, I come grovelling back for advice

Scenario:

New client from a referral called me to help with an IT issue. PC format & re-install required.
Job booked for Friday 25 may 2012
Small company. 4 users. Stock standard LAN. No server. POP3 e-mail's. Standard DSL.
Did consultation with client about problem they having, client very impressed with me so far.
Client had an issue with online banking earlier the week. I popped around for 30 minutes, fixed it no hassles, didn't charge them. Client VERY impressed.
Client doesn't have a dedicated IT pro / Consultant / guy

My Question:

When I return the workstation on Monday & everyone's happy, how do I go about setting up a meeting with the Manager for a possible SLA? You know, x-amount of hours per month for maintenance / labour for x-fee per month.

I have met the Manager, very easy going guy. He saw me fix the internet banking issue, so I guess that's good marks for me so far.

I ask because I don't want to return the PC & come on as blunt or forward saying, "Right, time to sign a contract now!" I really would like this company as a client, and I know for a fact they do not have an IT guy. They have made remarks like, "You're fixing issues that our previous IT guy's couldn't." I was also told that they do not have someone.

I basically would just like to know how do I go about setting up a meeting with the boss without looking like I'm forcing an SLA down their throats. But I also don't want this client to be a "once-off" client.

I KNOW they don't do backup's
I KNOW they don't have network security
I KNOW they are not well informed of the risks their business is taking as per the lack of backup's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx guys ( & ladies )