Blog Entries
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius "

have a good weekend!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Good one...

Cheers

Thanks
    Adrian, you like to stir for the sake of stirring hey? Live and let live.
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Norri - True, but I do have strong views on "Self Improvement" and "The workings of the mind" - Maybe it is because I've spent my entire life battling my own mental states and trying to resolve my own shortcomings.

But yes, sometimes it is better just to let things slide....

Thanks
    Norio

I attended his course 12 years back.

WHAT A SPEAKER! He is the only person who could talk non-stop for 2 hours - and he gripped you the whole time. Fascinating man!

Thanks
    Phil, he's brilliant hey? Great speaker to listen to and really knows how to get the message across.

I must admit, it takes some discipline to do the exercises daily but I'm noticing significant changes already.

- Opportunities coming my way out of nowhere. (Ala, Your thoughts & beliefs create your vibrations which create your circumstances and situations.)
    - In a better mood most of the time. (If negative thoughts come into my mind, I beat them dead. Other times I just ignore them or distract myself with something else. That's not to say I ignore something important (like a car heading for my foot) but that I ignore the unimportant (like the scenario playing in my head of an argument with a client or something stupid like that.)
    - Enjoying work more.
    - Feeling more positive about my future.
    - Getting more done, in all my projects.

Ja, this stuff is lekker if you practise it!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Norri View Post
    John says that, if you do this, you will notice 3 important things about your mind:
    1. It is in constant motion. There's no off-switch.
    2. It is the great trickster. (Making you worry about things that'll never happen, etc)
    3. There is a lot of useless thought going on inside us.

In observing the mind, who is observing the mind? Is the mind observing itself. With what mind is the mind observing itself, given that observations take place in the mind. That is why I like to think that there is two minds, the brain mind that never stops even while we sleep, and dare I say it again the iMind, or the self mind rather. The art of observing the mind is really meditation. The brain mind tends to get stuck in habits of thought and very often is controlled by fear, it is the brain trying to define our fight or flight response. Many times through out the day, we constantly switch between brain mind and self mind. Self mind is the creative mind, the mind we use for focus, and long term planning. when one get to know how to shut off brain mind, and use self mind(iMind) more, we become more aware of our choices. As we learn to use self mind we become more aware of our present moment. Knowing that many of the things brain mind is telling us about what might be, or what is is wrong, we become more focused more creative, and more able to live our lives of our choosing. Living in self(imind) we find our lifes get filled with synchronocity, meaningful coincidence, things happen in the external world that somehow are related to thoughts we choose to hold in our self minds. Choice. The problem is choice. Do you let brain mind choose how you see the world, or do you use self mind(imind) .

Norri that is my take on mind power.....

Quote about brain minds

As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction:caused by reading iMind, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you to the simple and obvious truth:
    "

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    ...uh huh..

so,
    ..does the iMind operate in the iCloud that cometh forth from the iWeed?

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have come to realise over the years...no matter what you do in life...your mind will always restrict or improve the outcome...and i mean for anything...be it giving up smoking...loosing weight...improving your wellbeing...or where you will end up at work...or bussiness...when i gave up smoking the 3rd time (now more than 12 years ago) it was simple...i woke up in the morning and told myself that i would never touch one again...all it takes is one night after a few toots...for your mind to forget that you have decided to give up...the next morning you are smoking 20+ a day...my battle with my weight is a good example of mind control...i dont see food as a bad thing like smoking...and because i am on the road all day...it is difficult to justify a healthy lunch for a mere R40 when i can get a 2 pies for R10...i know in my mind that whithina couple of hours i will be suffering with heartburn but in my mind i cannot justify the addtional R30 cost...however the risk of ending up in hospital again...i choose only buy one pie.

people ask how i managed to keep a bussiness going for so many years (20+) i believe it could be because i am determined not to fail...what ever the cost...i believe if i didint have the mind power to keep it going i would have given up many years ago...in fact i am in a position right now where i have no interest in my main bussiness (the one that pays the bills) and it starts to show in my behaviour towards my customers...which is negative...so what happens...they notices my lack of interest and so my work flow slows down...which means my turnover has decreased...and i pay less tax...so i n my mind it tells me...its not a bad thing considering how much tax money is wasted...but then the end of the month comes along...the brain tells me bills...bills...bills...and more bills...so i get out and work my but off.

whereas my interests have shifted to a different field and in less than a year i have managed to aquire all the equipment and setup a fully rigged workshop which will be fully operational within the next month or 2 ...i am already getting people nagging me to make stuff for them...from the few items i have already manufactured.

i have never been to any of these mind power seminars...but i am sure...like anything in your life...if you apply yourself you will achieve great things...its all ablout balance...mind and body control.

Thanks
    I like your summary Murdock

It reminds me of one of my favourite quotes from Jim Rohn:

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."

That has gotten me through many a difficult task!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast